Would you be a stand up comedian?

I think it takes a lot of bravery because what if you bomb?  Anyway, in a lot of ways, though way less severe, I'd say being a teacher is similar.  What might be some other professions similar to being a comedian?

It would probably be something that I would avoid because I don't think I would be that good under pressure. I'm a funny person but just not that funny to be a stand up comedian lol

spacer.png

• Management Team

I can take it, I Mean it goes over my head anyway and I take it as chill and easy. But each person is different in anyway

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 5 months later...

If I had the skill for it, I would do it. However, while I'm usually quick witted, stand up comedy is another branche altogether.

I could deal with the criticism, I wouldn't mind being on stage. If I bomb, I bomb. Oh well. I tried :')

I simply don't have the skill.

I think in terms of qualities required, more than one job would be similar though

• 2 years later...

Nop, I don't think I could ever do it. The pressure and the awkwardness of a joke not going well would be too much lol

spacer.png

On 7/31/2020 at 8:47 AM, kingcool52 said:

Nop, I don't think I could ever do it. The pressure and the awkwardness of a joke not going well would be too much lol

I've seen this happen once, saw the guy fall back on horrible bad 18+ super hero jokes, wasn't pretty.

20 hours ago, kingcool52 said:

I can't even watch those videos. I think I would die from second hand embarrassment 

oh, I was in the crowd with the host guy who was hosting the stand up club (with the host guy's parents in the crowd no less), it was kind of a low note to end the comedy night on.

• 1 year later...

Being an introvert, I do better reading than actually talking. I try to tell jokes to my husband or parents & either I laugh too early & give it away or flub it big time & ruin the whole punchline! Not to mention I am not one who likes to draw attention to myself, for good or bad reasons. I can take criticism up to a point. However, you'll always offend somebody in some shape or form.