The Blacklist

NBCs-The-Blacklist.jpg

This is the official thread for the show The Blacklist. Everything pertaining to the show, the characters, episodes and the plot.

blacklist.jpg

For decades, ex-government agent Raymond "Red" Reddington (James Spader) has been one of the FBI's most wanted fugitives. Brokering shadowy deals for criminals across the globe, Red was referred to by the media as "The Concierge of Crime." 

Now, he's mysteriously surrendered to the FBI with an explosive offer: he will help catch a long thought dead terrorist, Ranko Zamani, under the condition that he speaks only to Elizabeth "Liz" Keen, an FBI profiler fresh out of Quantico. For Liz, it's going to be one hell of a first day on the job.
What follows is a twisting series of events as the race to stop a terrorist begins. What are Red's true intentions? Why has he chosen Liz, a woman with whom he seemingly has no connection? Does Liz have secrets of her own?

Zamani, we come to find out, is only the first of many on The Blacklist: a list of politicians, mobsters, spies, and international terrorists. He will help catch them all... with the caveat that Liz continues to work as his partner. Red will teach Liz to think like a criminal and "see the bigger picture"... whether she wants to or not.

The Blacklist is an American drama series created by Sony Pictures Television and Davis Entertainment on NBC. The “Pilot” debuted on September 23, 2013.

On October 4 2013 NBC placed a back nine order, bringing the series up to 22 episodes.

After the first 10 episodes, on the 2nd of December 2013, the series took a mid-season break with the the 11th episode airing on 13th January 2014.

On December 3rd 2013 a second season of 22 episodes was ordered for the 2014/2015 season.

After 3 more episodes the series took another break, for the Winter Olympics, between the 27th of January and the 24th February 2014.

On May 11, 2014, NBC announced that the show would move timeslot in February 2015 to Thursdays - and also be their choice of show to air after the Super Bowl.

The season 1 finale, “Berlin Conclusion”,  was shown on May 12, 2014.

On August 25 The Blacklist won the Emmy Award for Stunt coordination for a drama series, miniseries or movie.

The second season premiere. “Lord Baltimore”, was first broadcast on 22 September 2014 on NBC.

After “The Decembrist”, on November 10 2014 the show took a midseason break with the next episode scheduled for  1 February  2015 (after the Superbowl)

On February 5 2015 it was announced that NBC had renewed The Blacklist for a third season.

Where to Watch the Blacklist?

Netflix
Hulu
NBC.com (Aired Episodes)

New Episodes on NBC 4 New York, Thursdays at 9:00 EST / 8:00 Central

Here is a video showing some of Raymond's most badass moments in the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZefhNJPhzL8

Edited by Alex Ayano

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

I watched The Blacklist when it first came out as I really like James Spader as an actor. He has distinct mannerisms that sets him apart in all the characters he portrays. While I loved it, I stopped in the middle of Season 5 as it was getting a bit too dark for my liking. I watch TV to get away from life & I liked the deadpan humor that Spader delivered. I didn’t see that too much in the later seasons.

I was wondering if anybody liked Blacklist Redemption, the spin-off? I couldn’t get into it. Didn’t have the same feel that I was used to in the original.

The show has a great plot and, with James Spader as the leading actor, should not be worried of being anywhere near canceled as long as the story keeps being solid. The procedural one-case-at-a-time style is working well because there's a side plot that is potentially very related to the show's two lead characters. Great show!