Still using e-mail?!

On Facebook I have made a wall post asking a question for all of my friends and family to answer as I was curious. The question I asked was "Do you still use e-mail?" and I have received several "no" answers.

Sure text messaging is great, but what everyone needs to remember is that there is many of features isn't in text messaging that are in e-mail and beside e-mail can be used everywhere and not text messaging service because you would have to have a cell phone number to text while e-mail have a address that can be sent anywhere even internationally at no cost and sending text message to anyone that's oversea costs some money.

Anyway, I am wondering if some of you still use e-mail? And do you think that text messaging is overshadowing e-mail now? Share your opinion or even rants about e-mail vs text messaging, go!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I use email all the time; it's much more secure than text messaging and you can attach some pretty large files while you're at it. :P Using email just seems more professional, you know? I use email for support tickets to confirming my purchases online. It's so much easier, and free if you look at it. It costs money to text. :P

• 2 months later...

Emails will never be replaced by instant-messaging applications or social networks. Personally, I daily check my emails. Email is a secure way to exchange opinions and data. The company which I work for obliges each employee to talk via emails. And I am pretty sure that most of the companies do so. Social networks violate our privacy while instant-messaging applications are not that safe, are they? 

• 2 months later...

Yes, I am still using email! I use Gmail and Gmail is a free email service that everyone can use! It is a brilliant service with a great design and I know how to all the features that this email provider offers to me. 

Untitled.jpg.84c10253d91a4492d3b4b6b8ff6ba468.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2015 at 2:30 AM, Yaiba said:

On Facebook I have made a wall post asking a question for all of my friends and family to answer as I was curious. The question I asked was "Do you still use e-mail?" and I have received several "no" answers.

Sure text messaging is great, but what everyone needs to remember is that there is many of features isn't in text messaging that are in e-mail and beside e-mail can be used everywhere and not text messaging service because you would have to have a cell phone number to text while e-mail have a address that can be sent anywhere even internationally at no cost and sending text message to anyone that's oversea costs some money.

Anyway, I am wondering if some of you still use e-mail? And do you think that text messaging is overshadowing e-mail now? Share your opinion or even rants about e-mail vs text messaging, go!

I actually prefer email to texting or messengers. I can easily organize my email into folders and access them anywhere with very little bandwidth used. The same cannot be said about the rest. 

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't use e-mail to actually have a conversation with someone in so, so long. But nowadays with all the fancy packages you can buy for your phone, you can end up texting internationally with no extra costs. I was able to call/text my dad when he visited Spain from England and it didn't cost me an extra penny. :)

Yes I still use e-mail, but for business/work related stuff only, besides that I use Facebook to keep in touch with family and friends.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I still use my email. I don't actually contact friends or family with it obviously but I use it for all the sites I am a member of etc.

spacer.png

• 3 years later...

I’m not one who believes in cell phones so don’t do texting. I also don’t care for social media & real-time chat. Emails are an oldie but goodie. I have 5 email accounts. I have different ones for different things. i.e. one is for family. One for newsletters. One when I need to email questions & may get spammed. Then the other 2 I keep in case that 3rd one I need to delete from too much spam lol

• 1 month later...

I use my email for a lot of stuff and it is my primary form of business communication.  At work we use emails for everything, so no escaping that.

Uncrowned Gaming
A Community Platform for Gamers and Esports
Shooters | MilSim | Tactical

🔗UncrownedGaming.com

I use email because a lot of businesses use email and our postal system doesn't deliver our mail all the time, so we do things online and invoices and receipts are done by email.

• 3 months later...

I use email rarely.  It's only to verify accounts and to check up on money stuff.   Well, with Facebook, I can contact family, friends etc. thru messenger.   However, a lot of people apparently check email as much as in the past.

• 7 months later...
  • Management Team

Indeed I do use my email accounts and address a lot, In fact, I use outlook as my main and it's always open on a tab when my system is online ;) I keep getting so many emails verifying accounts for any platform that I'm using to copy and enter the code to able to log in. 

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!