How to transfer files to another computer

"I know it's probably simple, but I would like to know the fastest, most practical way to move my files from my desktop to my laptop.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks."

• 2 months later...
  • Management Team

I just copy all files to an external hard drive and transfer it that way. It's always good to keep it on a hard drive for backups  

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

On 1/18/2016 at 11:06 PM, Empire said:

I just copy all files to an external hard drive and transfer it that way. It's always good to keep it on a hard drive for backups  

true, but if you got a good network setup you can just send your files through your router to all connected devices.

• Management Team
20 minutes ago, Demon_skeith said:

true, but if you got a good network setup you can just send your files through your router to all connected devices.

That too, And would be an faster way so that you aren't spending time moving it back and fourth. However not allot of people have an network system and I'm one of those people   

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 1 year later...

You need a USB Stick. Gather the information you need from your desktop and put in on your USB stick and then plug the USB into the Laptop and transfer it across. That's probably the easiest way. 

Untitled.jpg.84c10253d91a4492d3b4b6b8ff6ba468.jpg

• 2 years later...

We all have very important data on our computer/laptop which we can't afford to lose and with the fast developments in tech world we all need to upgrade our computer/laptop after few years. I have been using windows computers all my life but recently I switched to Mac and I was looking to find fast and reliable solution to transfer my windows computer data to Mac. I found lots of suggestions on the internet but some of them wasn't working for me :( then I found this wonderful guide which helped me to transfer my data from my old windows PC to Mac without any issues.