Sign in to follow this  
Yaiba

How to transfer files to another computer

"I know it's probably simple, but I would like to know the fastest, most practical way to move my files from my desktop to my laptop.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks."

I just copy all files to an external hard drive and transfer it that way. It's always good to keep it on a hard drive for backups  

On 1/18/2016 at 11:06 PM, Empire said:

I just copy all files to an external hard drive and transfer it that way. It's always good to keep it on a hard drive for backups  

true, but if you got a good network setup you can just send your files through your router to all connected devices.

20 minutes ago, Demon_skeith said:

true, but if you got a good network setup you can just send your files through your router to all connected devices.

That too, And would be an faster way so that you aren't spending time moving it back and fourth. However not allot of people have an network system and I'm one of those people   

You need a USB Stick. Gather the information you need from your desktop and put in on your USB stick and then plug the USB into the Laptop and transfer it across. That's probably the easiest way.