Life without Google!

Hello Guys-

Can you imagine the online life without Google? I was trying to do that and think for the various strange results came in the mind:

1) Where students will look for the answers and detailed study of their questions?

2) Some of the professionals will lose their jobs as they are considered only for doing Google research

3) We may face some spammy and worthless sites well as we used to see when try to research on other search engines

4) Google algorithms are very large and effective more larger pool of the sites

Ca you guys add more into it? 

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I would find alternative search engines that Google but I would find it hard because I have been using Google for all these years. Google is also my favourite search engine. However, I would find a alternative search engine in the end.

Untitled.jpg.84c10253d91a4492d3b4b6b8ff6ba468.jpg

• Management Team

If I can live without it for two months or so away on Holiday then yeah, I just use the one that is built into my phone anyway as that's bing 

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 1 month later...

I'm going to focus on one specific area of Google for this thread because there is a lot that can be said. But I'm just going to stick to YouTube.

Prior to the aquisition of YouTube by Google, I thought Youtube was a nice place to go to share videos and whatnot. And although Google introduced some cool technology to the Youtube community that former YouTube did not have, I'm skeptical of the policies that Google use on YouTube. Specifically, I absolutely positively HATE their copyright policies. They are extremely strict about copyright infringement for music (Facebook is headed that unfortunate route too). You can't even shoot a video inside a restaurant that plays music on their speakers without being struck down by YouTube. Secondly, YouTube makes it so easy for people to make copyright claims and STEAL revenue generated from good YouTubers. Third, they are extremely picky and will find ANY excuse to deny you monitisation. Fourth, the copyright policy is terrible because YouTube doesn't even verify the authenticity of copyright claims. And overall, I think Youtube, though would have less features, would be a better place without Google ever buying them.

• 10 months later...

It would feel weird for a bit but I think a lot of people would get used to it after a while. We would actually lose a lot of sites to be fair, YouTube, GMail etc.

spacer.png

I can't. But maybe through other search engines like Bing. However Google comes easily to many people including me, super intuitive and lots of indexing and pops up replies in no real time. That's what google does best. And guess what-you get an added advantage if your on Google+

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Google tends to be too big for their britches & they know it. They are also extremely biased. I only use it when I have exhausted other search engines. I prefer DuckDuckGo as they don't sell your information.