Difference Between Internal and External Storage?

"i need to prepare notes on this Topic and i wanna make this upto 1000 words... so i need some help.. Please comment 1-1 difference between Internal and External Storage..
Thanks..!!"

• 3 months later...
On 2/21/2016 at 0:07 AM, Demon_skeith said:

Internal storage: Storage located inside of the device and usually not removable.

External storage: Storage located on the outside of the device and is easily removable.

It's worth mentioning that internal storage is usually connected to the motherboard via a faster medium than external.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2016 at 4:09 PM, Archer said:

It's worth mentioning that internal storage is usually connected to the motherboard via a faster medium than external.

very true, which why removing it can be hard or impossible.

14 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

very true, which why removing it can be hard or impossible.

Never impossible in my experience, but it can be hard 

• 2 weeks later...

The main benefit and reasoning I prefer Internal is for reliability. SD card(External) really goes badly quickly. Especially with you ejecting it, moving it and inserting it in many devices. Internal storage is preferable to me because in many cases, it also means the device has a unibody design(more specifically a phone) and not removable parts.

• 5 months later...
On 8/15/2016 at 0:24 AM, Claraviolet said:

Internal storage is usually comprises of less storage  when compared to the external storage. 

These days internal storage can go up to TB, like external can.

8 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

These days internal storage can go up to TB, like external can.

Yup. I was talking about tablets....recently I purchased a tablet and it has 128 gb now..but for me that's just not enough

On 8/21/2016 at 8:38 AM, Claraviolet said:

Yup. I was talking about tablets....recently I purchased a tablet and it has 128 gb now..but for me that's just not enough

Yeah, tablets are kind of behind. You'll need a large SD card to make it worthwhile.

• Management Team

Chrome book that we own in our household only has 32gb of built in SSD, and have an option to get 128gb. I have used it here and there for showing an family member how to do this and that lol other then that it's slow and no space left since the OS has taken it all up. Still nice little thing to carry around 

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

I would first say that space is completely different when it comes to internal vs external. Your machine may only have space for 1 HDD, but using an external you'd be able to two different drives to store data on, or have a backup of your computer on.

• 7 months later...

Generally, they is not much difference between internal and external storage apart from the interface it is connected to, if you have an external hard drive is still a hard drive.

But to be honest people are more likely to use solid state as hard drive are sensitive to drop damage.