Xbox One layout

Kino

What do you think of the current update for the layout on the Xbox?

I'm not sure if I'm impressed or not. It all seems more complicated than it needs to be.

• 4 years later...

This thread is from 2015 and I don't really remember or know how the Xbox one layout was back then. 😆 But I do like the metro-style that Xbox currently has.

But Microsoft will most likely update the whole layout for the next generation, just check out this preview of the new Store:

• 1 year later...

To be honest the dashboard has gone through so many changes that it's hard to keep up with it.

I remember in the Xbox 360 days of the 'blades', then the 'NXE' and then after that they kept changing it and it's never had a consistent look for a long period of time really. I don't mind it, but I only use like a quarter of what is displayed.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still a bit frustrated they kept the same dashboard just about for the Series X as they did the Xbox One. The Series X needs a massive dashboard overhaul and I only hope they do just that and give it a new look. Something new and the design I'd like the most would be like folders from the early days of the 360 which was my favorite dashboard.

• 1 year later...

Since this post was originally made, I believe Xbox and their dashboard has been updated quite a few more times now especially with the release of the Xbox Series X and S now. I will admit I do like the layout of the dashboard now, I love that they advertise things that are going on at the moment such as new game pass games, new games coming to the console and so much more. The only gripe I have with the dashboard now is that you can tell that it's getting too much for say the Xbox One S or X consoles now and it is definitely more geared towards the Xbox Series S and X. I am just hoping that it will not get far too much for previous generation consoles so that we can still keep using them until we can afford to upgrade.