Sign in to follow this  
Namoh

Should Alcohol be Illegal?

I personally think it should. Nothing really good comes from drinking alcohol. It mainly causes damage to the consumer and to the people around them. Just in the US an estimated 88.000 deaths were caused by alcohol consumption, which was the third leading preventable death in the United State, according to the National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism. Not only were the death that high but also the negative impact alcohol had on the economy of the United States. In 2006 alcohol misuse costed the US $223.5 billion. 

I'm not saying making alcohol illegal will solve all of this but atleast it's a step in the right direction. People will still purchase it on the "black market" however it will be harder to obtain which would ultimately lead to less death and a smaller impact on the economy of the United States.

What do you think?

Its already been made illegal once and everyone rebelled against it till it was legalized again. alcohol is just one of those things that will be around forever like tobacco.

• Like 1

Alcohol shouldn't be illegal and neither should most drugs. Prohibiting substances does absolutely nothing but increase their use. We can learn from alcohol prohibition and marijuana prohibition. While I do agree that alcohol is horrible for your body, mind, and personal life, it's an individuals choice what to put in their body. It's also an option of the ones who care about that person to get them help if they have an addiction problem.

On 2/23/2016 at 1:24 AM, Empire said:

I don't agreed to most of this, I don't even drink Alcohol.

I agree, I don't drink Alcohol either. I think the laws are fine how they are now.

It was already banned and look how far that went. :P

Alcohol, while dangerous in the hands of idiots, shouldn't be banned more than guns and computers are. While most want drunk driving ended, banning alcohol won't do anything. People will just want it more and it will become a black market item that's going to be smuggled into the country. A world without alcohol is a world filled with chaos. :P

Look what happened in the US in the 30s with moonshine and other things like that. No it shouldn't be banned because we like to have a drink at Christmas and on our Birthdays. I don't drink, I only drink alcohol about twice a year. I know it puts you in bad shape, but we can all control it.  To the op, do you want smoking banned too because that can cause lung cancer? Why are you so concerned?  It's usually people's fault.

No, the government should have no say whatsoever to what you are allowed to put in your own body, because of this I think alcohol should stay legal and would go as far as saying drugs should be legal.