Game of Thrones

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

How did you guys find the first episode? Was it what you expected or did you want something better to happen for the very first episode of the new season?

spacer.png

Unfortunately, I've never watched it for a multitude of reasons, but it sure is hyped up- I've seen a lot of GoT-related threads in all sorts of forums lately.

On 4/17/2019 at 2:07 PM, kingcool52 said:

How did you guys find the first episode? Was it what you expected or did you want something better to happen for the very first episode of the new season?

It was ok, you could tell it was the first episode of a new series though. It felt like they were reminding us of where the storyline had got to so far, and building up for what is to come.

I've heard that episode three is going to be basically the "main" episode this series, the great war. If this is true, it makes me wonder how they can stretch out the remaining three episodes that follow though.. 🤔

• 3 weeks later...

I wish we could go back to that first episode. Episode 3 and 4 have been awful and I feel like the whole season has been rushed and ruined.

spacer.png

• 1 year later...
On 5/11/2019 at 5:18 AM, kingcool52 said:

I wish we could go back to that first episode. Episode 3 and 4 have been awful and I feel like the whole season has been rushed and ruined.

keep watching, end of the series put those episodes to shame easily :P but the tv series is done, it's a matter of opinion, but I somewhat enjoyed how the series ended.

You might be the only one lol. The ending was awful and it was definitely rushed. It's funny how they rushed it so they could get working on Star Wars and then ended up losing that job as well.

spacer.png

13 hours ago, kingcool52 said:

You might be the only one lol. The ending was awful and it was definitely rushed. It's funny how they rushed it so they could get working on Star Wars and then ended up losing that job as well.

I like to say the somewhat is very lightly implied, I won't deny the last season was rushed and badly done in areas (get me some light in that dark battle!). I think they could have easily done another season with a split focus between the army of the dead and the army in the south.

I was little disappointed with the last season.  They could have made the fight little different and more interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone else feel like they were left disappointed because of the last episode of the last series? I felt like more could have happened but I'm not complaining. It wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. I'm actually looking forward to the sequel is it or prequal?

9 hours ago, JoyFreak said:

Did anyone else feel like they were left disappointed because of the last episode of the last series? I felt like more could have happened but I'm not complaining. It wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. I'm actually looking forward to the sequel is it or prequal?

They could have slowed down, done a lot more, give a lot more needed backstory, but sadly they half assed it, made one battle too dark to see and rushed a grand battle. But oh well, still decent overall.

I haven't watched any of the tv show yet.  I have the books and in the process of reading them.  I want to read the books before I watch the show because I'm one of those people that hate to have a book ruined for me before I reach the end of it. 

13 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

They could have slowed down, done a lot more, give a lot more needed backstory, but sadly they half assed it, made one battle too dark to see and rushed a grand battle. But oh well, still decent overall.

Yeah, I felt like it was rushed. I don't know what the reason behind it was, but it was unfortunate for us fans. 

• 2 months later...
On 7/3/2020 at 7:06 AM, JennyorAlice said:

I haven't watched any of the tv show yet.  I have the books and in the process of reading them.  I want to read the books before I watch the show because I'm one of those people that hate to have a book ruined for me before I reach the end of it. 

The books are.... heavily detailed and the show really start to differ from the books around season 4 I believe.

Edited by Demon_skeith

Yeah, watching the TV show after reading the books isn't going to be a great experience because they removed quite a lot from the show. 

spacer.png

On 9/5/2020 at 8:25 AM, kingcool52 said:

Yeah, watching the TV show after reading the books isn't going to be a great experience because they removed quite a lot from the show. 

and the fans are still burned over the stone witch I think for not being included.