will Nintendo ever buy out sega or atleast by sonic?

will Nintendo ever Buy SEGA or buy sonic from them? 

I generally think Nintendo really likes sonic and they could more easily benefit from partnering up with Nintendo to bring Sonic back into the spotlight.

Nintendo has rights to Sonic, though I think that is via a partnership. But considering they have a lot of IPs they don't use and Sonic is kind of in a bad spot, I don't think buying it would work out well.

• 2 weeks later...

Nah, I doubt it.  Sure, Sega's nowhere near as big as it used to be, and the price would probably be something Nintendo could afford.  But most of Sega's good games are on Nintendo consoles anyway at this point, and Sonic's popularity isn't exactly what it used to be (and nor is its reputation).

Owner of Wario Forums and Gaming Reinvented and long time Nintendo fan.  If you want to add me as a friend on 3DS, my friend code is 3067-7946-8593

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2016 at 4:45 PM, CM30 said:

Nah, I doubt it.  Sure, Sega's nowhere near as big as it used to be, and the price would probably be something Nintendo could afford.  But most of Sega's good games are on Nintendo consoles anyway at this point, and Sonic's popularity isn't exactly what it used to be (and nor is its reputation).

Sonic has seen better days. At this point it would be best to retire him and then wait like ten years before rebooting the series.

• 1 month later...
On 1/24/2016 at 10:47 PM, Demon_skeith said:

Nintendo has rights to Sonic, though I think that is via a partnership. But considering they have a lot of IPs they don't use and Sonic is kind of in a bad spot, I don't think buying it would work out well.

I know Nintendo has the rights to Sonic also but I thought that Nintendo bought out Sega back when the only competition that Nintendo had was Sega.  Or am I missing something? 

5 hours ago, JennyorAlice said:

I know Nintendo has the rights to Sonic also but I thought that Nintendo bought out Sega back when the only competition that Nintendo had was Sega.  Or am I missing something? 

I'm really not sure myself because Sega is still publishing games for Atlus. So they simply must be in a partnership with Nintendo.

Nintendo does not own Sega - and Sega, although they're not in the console manufacturing business, is actually alive and quite well - We just don't get many of their games here in the west. A lot of Sega's profits is actually arcade machines.

Sega owns Atlus - and I'm sure they own other developers as well - They make bank - trust me lol.

Sega also puts out it's own games/labels - I am SUPER excited for Dragon Code VF this summer - Which is like the 5th in a series, but first we're getting in English - Like I said, to us, in the West, Sega is "dead" but quite the opposite is true in Japan where they still make plenty of awesome games.