17 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

How often do you back up any of your data related to any of your current tech? Have you ever lost something from not keeping a back up?

I often back up my GTAV files. This is because you never know when you install a car mod or script mod and you may have to reinstall your game. Its always good to back things up haha.

Kind Regards,

RayDaBeast

Community Guidelines | Home Page | Forums

• 4 months later...

I have an External Hard Drive connected to my main iMac. However, I am really afraid of losing my data and I have subscribed in some cloud services. I have reviewed most of the good cloud services and I pay for a monthly premium plan provided by Dropbox. This plan has literally made my life easier since I have access to my files from everywhere! I have also downloaded the Dropbox applications on my iPhone and iPad! I would definitely recommend Dropbox. 

I have two 1TB external hard drives that I use to backup data from my computer and other devices. Hard drives can fail at anytime, and I don't want to loose any important data that I haves stored on the devices.

• 5 months later...

I have a system image on an external HDD, Backup copies of files on that HDD and OneDrive synced on top :)

Already thought about a VPS or dedicated server for an external backup as well.

• Management Team

I can say that I'm slack on backing up since my HDD went dead on me some time ago. I do have external drives but already full. Unless I backup using web based. what I do keep on backing up is the full site of bayside gamers every week

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 11 months later...

Gaming wise, I don't backup anything. But with important files that I have on my laptop, I back them up quite regularly.

spacer.png

• Management Team
1 hour ago, kingcool52 said:

Gaming wise, I don't backup anything. But with important files that I have on my laptop, I back them up quite regularly.

if it was an saved game files then yes! I mean there are allot of games like ETS2 that are saved on your drive

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

On 12/7/2017 at 6:38 PM, Empire said:

if it was an saved game files then yes! I mean there are allot of games like ETS2 that are saved on your drive

I'm on PS4 which is why I don't backup any save files. Never had any problems with save files getting corrupted so don't bother to backup them.

spacer.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • Management Team
On 09/12/2017 at 4:13 PM, kingcool52 said:

I'm on PS4 which is why I don't backup any save files. Never had any problems with save files getting corrupted so don't bother to backup them.

Mostly to most new top games that now when you save they get saved to the cloud, like CS-GO :) that's what I like and when you play it on any PC you will have your profile up and running

baysidegamersx468x60.gif

On 1/5/2018 at 5:06 PM, Empire said:

Mostly to most new top games that now when you save they get saved to the cloud, like CS-GO :) that's what I like and when you play it on any PC you will have your profile up and running

Yeah it's just so much easier when everything is saved in the cloud, as long as the data on the cloud doesn't get deleted by the gaming companies lol

spacer.png

• Management Team
4 hours ago, kingcool52 said:

Yeah it's just so much easier when everything is saved in the cloud, as long as the data on the cloud doesn't get deleted by the gaming companies lol

hope so to, yet again they would have backups

baysidegamersx468x60.gif

• 3 years later...

I back up my Word Files often. We also have Carbonite. For those who don’t know, it’s an American company that offers an online backup service available to Windows & macOS users. It backs up everything. It is great for when you get a new computer. Also beneficial for when you lose a file, they keep them for so many days.  

• 4 months later...

I never back up anything, lol.  I suppose I should.   Well, I try not to put myself in dangerous water where a backup might be needed.  Well, there was this experience with a friend's forum where someone got mad, a helper, and he or she came in and deleted the forum.

Anyway, also, there has been situations where my situation with a hosting company ended.  However, I normally would just let my forum go.  Well, I don't really know how to move forums and sites.  I did successfully move a site once, one that was sold to me, with help.

Edited by Jason76

• 2 weeks later...

I try and keep backups of my data at least weekly. I'm not great at always remembering but having at least a semi-recent back up is very helpful as you never know when you might need to refer back to something that you deleted. It's hard to keep on top of it sometimes though.