On 2/7/2016 at 5:44 PM, RayDaBeast said:

I use to avoid it. But now I am very happy I upgraded. 

whys that? I hear there is still a lot of issues with the OS and the fact MS is very controlling with it.

On 2/9/2016 at 0:32 AM, Demon_skeith said:

whys that? I hear there is still a lot of issues with the OS and the fact MS is very controlling with it.

There will always be issues. I think once you upgrade you 10 you will be glad you updated. Trust me

Kind Regards,

RayDaBeast

Community Guidelines | Home Page | Forums

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2016 at 1:11 AM, Demon_skeith said:

Does anyone here use or a fan of windows 10? Or like me who avoids it?

Windows 10 is fantastic and probably the best version they've released. They've managed to debloat it and I've heard it will run on a computer that could only run Windows XP before.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2016 at 11:24 PM, RayDaBeast said:

There will always be issues. I think once you upgrade you 10 you will be glad you updated. Trust me

I highly doubt it, MS has already shown they will hide what updates are being installed, putting ads on your PC and can easily remove anything they want to. Way too much control for my taste.

I think they try to "hide" updates being installed just to make things more seamless. As for putting ads on your computer, I don't see that. What are you talking about? I know enough about computers to not get spyware and such and I don't get any ads at all.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 1:48 AM, Demon_skeith said:

I highly doubt it, MS has already shown they will hide what updates are being installed, putting ads on your PC and can easily remove anything they want to. Way too much control for my taste.

I certainly do hope you don't use Google. Because Google, which makes their money off ads and selling customer aka your data, is far worse.

I have never had any inkling of Microsoft removing anything 'they want' off my PC and I also have never seen ads on my windows desktop. .

If you are talking about the lock screen showing ads, then you can simply and easily remove that by going into your  personalization and turning it off.

Some of your statements are a smidge hyperbolic.

On 3/12/2016 at 3:39 AM, Izaya said:

I certainly do hope you don't use Google. Because Google, which makes their money off ads and selling customer aka your data, is far worse.

I have never had any inkling of Microsoft removing anything 'they want' off my PC and I also have never seen ads on my windows desktop. .

If you are talking about the lock screen showing ads, then you can simply and easily remove that by going into your  personalization and turning it off.

Some of your statements are a smidge hyperbolic.

I'm just saying what has been going on.

removing programs:

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015-11/24/windows-10-update-removing-software

putting ads on its programs:

http://betanews.com/2016/03/09/windows-10-advertising-in-ie-security-patch/

Large issues with upgrading:

http://kotaku.com/my-pc-upgraded-to-windows-10-without-asking-then-immed-1764756440

I highly doubt these issues will get better with time.

im not a fan.

i am a linux guy but i still run windows sence linux dosent game well yet, and 10 is just trouble on my custom pc. i think ill stay on 8.1.

• 6 months later...

I upgraded to Windows 10 when it was free to upgrade and I had so many problems with it freezing on me and me having to cold boot my laptop that I ended up going back to Windows 8.1 and stayed there. I know that if I ever do need a new laptop I will be forced to move over to Windows 10 but I am hoping by then any big problems I had before will be ironed out and I will have no problems should I ever need to purchase a new laptop.

• Management Team

I been using Windows 10 since the first bata released for testing and researching purpose. About six month later Microsoft released the full free upgrade version and there main focus on doing it so that banks and other businesses that still using XP to get moved up.

So I been using it for quit some time, even in the early days that there has been updates after updates with problems and errors. That's what people need to respect that the errors that getting now us nothing compared to the earlier days, and also keep in mind that when upgrading that your computer might nit able to run it if it foes freeze on you.

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I have it, well it came with the laptop that I purchased recently so didn't have much say. To be honest I love it. It's easy to use, good looking and has some great features

spacer.png

• Management Team
23 hours ago, kingcool52 said:

I have it, well it came with the laptop that I purchased recently so didn't have much say. To be honest I love it. It's easy to use, good looking and has some great features

Glad that you love it, You might have heard about the updates recently 

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I have been using Windows 10 since its' initial release. Aside from the bugs that they should have worked out before releasing, I have been enjoying using the operation system. Cortana was one of my favorite built in features to use when I first started using it.

• 1 month later...

I guess I'm the minority here and will say I'm not that big of a fan of Windows 10 myself. I use it, but I wasn't that impressed by it. Given Microsoft's trends of releasing OS versions in the good, then bad, then good, then bad etc. order, I was expecting more from Windows 10 than they delivered... since Windows 8 IMO was a bad OS (7 was good, Vista was bad, XP was and still is IMO the best, ME/NT was bad, 98 was good, and 95 was bad).

Granted, I really like how Windows 10 has streamlined some of the functionality of the OS. I like how I get live notifications for some of my applications and how flat and modern the OS is (though perhaps a little TOO flat). However, Windows 10 poses some issues. First off, it's a service OS, meaning your privacy is at risk if you're a big fan of privacy. I'm not that much a fan of my own privacy so it doesn't bother me that much, but it bothers a lot of others. However, things can be turned off to reduce this. But Microsoft has also done some shady stuff with Windows 10, like apparent forced upgrades and a bug in one of the updates that cause infinite failure and re-updating attempts that NEVER should have gotten past quality control. Add on the fact that Windows 10 is less than optimal in terms of stability (Play Store frequently doesn't work / crashes... and many of the apps on the store also don't work... Mail frequently doesn't work correctly and crashes... explorer frequently restarts itself... and so on and so forth... on a decent 16GB AMD 8 X 3.5GHZ computer)... and Windows 10 doesn't quite meet my standards.

• 4 weeks later...

My favourite operating system used to be Windows 8.1 but then I decided to upgrade to Windows 10. Since I have upgraded my OS on my Lenovo Laptop, my favourite has been Windows 10. All of the features are really easy to use and I also like keeping up-to date with the latest technology.

Edited by xXInfectedXx

Untitled.jpg.84c10253d91a4492d3b4b6b8ff6ba468.jpg