Essential Minecraft Mods

I've been out of the loop of Minecraft for awhile. Are there some essential mods out there?

I remember when I used to play I had a ton of fun with a mod that let you do machine-based digging, which had it's own system for making fuel and pipelines for items that were dug up. I had a blast with that stuff, and it was cool to just let it do it's thing until it hit the bottom of the world.

• 1 month later...

I find VoxelMap pretty essential. It makes it so much easier to find your way around. I always got lost before I installed it. xD

Edited by MeowsePad

On 3/16/2016 at 2:11 PM, MeowsePad said:

I find VoxelMap pretty essential. It makes it so much easier to find your way around. I always got lost before I installed it. xD

thanks for the recommend, I agree that the default map system is very poor.

It is kind of neat that they want you to craft your own maps, but the crafted maps don't work all that well either. D;

Edited by MeowsePad

• 9 months later...

If there is one essential mod, it's OptiFine, because it makes the game run a lot faster. I am not really into any other mods, I used to have TooManyItems and I played Tekkit for a bit.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Game modifications are optional and not essential. Some will make the game run smoother. If you are considering game adjustments, I'd highly recommend that you have checked with the Server Admin(s) of the the servers you play on as rules will vary and differ. 

Untitled.jpg.84c10253d91a4492d3b4b6b8ff6ba468.jpg