Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Demon_skeith

Will Xbox be dropped?

Recommended Posts

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:44 PM, Demon_skeith said:

Do you think Microsoft will eventually just drop the Xbox and focus solely on PC gaming?

Why would they drop Xbox? They are doing well with Xbox and making money(Unlike Sony). It would be stupid of them to drop a consumer facing product that is having some success...that is not to say they cant bridge Xbox with PC gaming...which is what they are doing now with Windows 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 3:44 PM, Demon_skeith said:

Do you think Microsoft will eventually just drop the Xbox and focus solely on PC gaming?

why would you think that for? Aren't going to drop if they are in the position of releasing the next generation of xbox platform. They are making millions of dollars from the products.

 

I think you just creating Topics for the sake of posting topics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is remotely possible that they could. Simply due to the fact of console sales. Sony is extremely far ahead in console sales and selling a lot better than the Xbox One. Right now Microsoft even though they may or may not admit it clearly is taking a loss. That's why they're bringing their first party exclusives over to PC. I don't see another Xbox console coming out in the next round of consoles releasing onto the market. It will be all PC from here on out for Microsoft. They had a nice run, but when you can't compete you just can't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ask the question because MS has been publishing most of their games on the PC as well as Xbox of late. Even if they make millions from Xbox one, they are still losing money in making the console itself. I wouldn't be surprise if they dropped the Xbox series and focus solely on PC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Demon_skeith said:

I ask the question because MS has been publishing most of their games on the PC as well as Xbox of late. Even if they make millions from Xbox one, they are still losing money in making the console itself. I wouldn't be surprise if they dropped the Xbox series and focus solely on PC.

Yet again PC gaming aren't that big as other platform, There are way more people playing on PS4 and Xbox then PC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they could but i dont see it. a lot of people love the xbox, but people realy dont like the paid xbox live memberships. the xbox imo is just too importent for microsoft to drop at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2016 at 1:36 PM, Al3x said:

they could but i dont see it. a lot of people love the xbox, but people realy dont like the paid xbox live memberships. the xbox imo is just too importent for microsoft to drop at the moment.

 

they already gutted the live membership some by not needing it to watch some apps like netflix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thing they made a mistake in 2013 with the used game fiaso.   Even though they changed their mind I think it was to little to late..  A lot of the user base jumped to PS4 for this very reason alone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×