Xbox 2 Release Date

I found this while searching on google. But what do you think about it.

Informating link: http://www.xbox2gamers.com/release-date-countdown

The XBox 2 Release Date will be in November of 2020 or sooner. If you are busy planning how to scrape together the money that you need for the Xbox One, then discovering the release date for the next generation’s next generation of games console may not be the top of your priority list.

The life cycle of a game console is always an interesting debate however, and as Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo spend years developing their technologies it may not be too long before our attention is called to the suspected release date of the Xbox Two. Some important questions need to be answered about the XBox 2 and when it will be released. Here we take a close look at Microsoft’s history of gaming consoles to see if that historical information can give us a clue as to when we can expect to see the next entry to the marketplace, the XBox 2. Some of the most important recent news came from Phil Spencer, the Chief Executive of Microsoft's Xbox Division, when he made the following bold statement about the future of the Xbox 2:

"I fully expect that you'll see another console from us..."

Interested? Be sure to check out the full article, Xbox 2 confirmed! This little but powerful phrase though, coming from the boss of Xbox, means a lot. We don't have a release date yet, but this assurance is enough to show us that Microsoft will be announcing one in the years to come.

When will the Xbox 2 come out?

John Hicks, the former editor of the Official Xbox Magazine weighed in on the Xbox Two saying, "the timing may change. Microsoft was very clear at the announcement of Xbox One that it would have a ten-year lifespan, and that is likely to remain the case, but the shift from Xbox 360 and PS3 to next-gen hasn't mirrored the shift from the previous generation."

Essentially, the Xbox One will continue to see updates and games for ten years, but that doesn't stop Xbox 2 from coming out sooner than that. It all depends on how Microsoft plans to move forward in terms of the cloud and cloud computing. Of course, the moves of other major players like Sony and Nintendo could also prompt Microsoft to make their move early. After all, the consoles normally come out within close proximity of each other. The PS4 and Xbox One came out within one week of each other after all.

XBox Release Date History
Original XBox Release Date November 15, 2001
Time Between 3 years, 5 months, 27 days
XBox 360 Release Date May 12, 2005
Time Between 8 years, 6 months and 10 days
XBox One Release Date November 22, 2013
Time Between 8 years, 6 months and 10 days
XBox 2 Release Date November 15, 2020
(To match the PS5)
Worst Case Estimate: June 1, of 2022

What's certain is that the Xbox One has not reached its prime. While the Kinect has once again fizzled out, Microsoft is pushing forward with their augmented reality headset, the HoloLens. The current console is a testing ground for what will come next as the standard for gaming.

Robbie Bach, who was Microsoft's President and Chief Xbox Officer for ten years, spoke with Geekwire recently and dropped a bit of information regarding the Xbox Two. He was there talking about his book: "Xbox Revisited: A game Plan for Corporate and Civic Renewal." During the interview though, Robbie Bach was asked about the next generation.

When asked about this he replied: "I think there will be another generation. What the console looks like is a very interesting question. That next generation will be a whole new game."

The Xbox One

Xbox One release dateReports on the lifespan of the Xbox One have yet to be released by Microsoft. Will the trend of doubling continue making the One a twenty year console? Maybe an additional five years will be added – five years from Xbox to Xbox 360 – ten from Xbox 360 to Xbox One – fifteen from Xbox One to Xbox Two?

We doubt that the wait will be so long.

Technology these days is an ever-changing animal. We have more processing power in our pockets now than early PCs boasted. Research is continually progressing to give us faster machines, more immersive experiences and improved methods of communication. This will inevitably be reflected in the progression of the console gaming industry with updates to the technology. Given the size of the investment required in bringing a console to the marketplace we wouldn’t expect to see the Xbox Two this side of the decade, but 2020 could be a good year for a future release. That would be seven years on from the launch of the Xbox One, making it another ten year console if you argue for another three year overlap of current to next generation technology.

One consideration that could determine the lifespan of the Xbox One is linked to its cloud computing capability. This allows the game to be run on a server that you can't see somewhere underground in a top secret base. Well, maybe not top secret, but the majority (if not all) of the game's hardware requirements can be fulfilled by these remote servers. Everything they do is then streamed to you from the cloud, meaning that your box doesn't need to be upgraded.

This of course requires an internet connection that never drops or cuts out, otherwise the game experience is ruined. Microsoft tried to push this by making the Xbox One an always online console, and it created a massive backlash. It was a perfect case of the best intentions going wrong. People weren't ready for that, mostly because of the restrictions that came with it. Would it have made for better games? Perhaps, but Microsoft tried to reinvent the wheel and it wasn't time.

The Xbox One came to us in a very different form than the one originally shown to the public. Since the release, the Xbox One has received numerous updates to add additional features. Some of these updates include support for external hard drives, additional media file supports types, an overhauled party chat, and built-in game DVR support. The way the Xbox One is designed, it can be updated and modified all through downloaded updates more so than every before.

The Xbox 360

xbox 360 release dateIf we call the lifespan of the Xbox five years, then the Xbox 360 will have doubled that of its predecessor by the time it is finally phased out. Although the 360 had a relatively shaky start as consoles go with the red ring of death a constant thorn in the side of gamers, and losses reported in the initial months of trading, the success of this beloved console soon picked up. Early reports from the Microsoft team that this would be a ten year console have proven reliable, as support has been promised for this console until 2016. This means there will be a lengthy overlap while gamers can enjoy both the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One, something those without the initial capital needed to make the purchase of the One, or those wanting to see if there are any kinks to be ironed out before purchasing will be thankful for.

The Xbox

xbox release dateSome young gamers today will have been born after the debut of Microsoft’s very first entry into the world of the games console. The Xbox was launched in November of 2001, and was in direct competition with the PlayStation 2 from Sony, along with other now-retro consoles - the Dreamcast from Sega and the GameCube from Nintendo. Despite the Xbox’s successes, notably adding an Ethernet port to allow easy online gaming, the Xbox was swiftly discontinued after the launch of its successor in November, 2005. Support for the original Xbox continued until 2009, however no new games were released for it after Madden NFL 09 in August, 2008.

What Does Windows 10 Integration Mean for the Xbox 2's Release Date?

One of the things we've been discussing a lot on the site is what form the Xbox Two will take. Will it be a cloud-based console, or will it be a box you plug into your television like we're used to? While this question has yet to be answered in full, it seems Phil Spencer's current goal is to break down the barriers between Xbox and PC. How is he planning to do this? A little operating system called Windows 10.

Now, we've discussed what Windows 10 could do for Xbox 2 in terms of technology and features, but what about the release date. Does it hasten the arrival or delay it? Honestly, I think it's the groundwork for Microsoft to really start moving full-steam ahead on the new console. More than that though, I believe it is going to help Microsoft create the cloud-based console they dreamed of with Xbox One, only this time, you won't have to buy anything.

Go ahead, pick up the pieces of your blown mind, and don't worry, I have evidence to support my claims. Polygon published an article entitled "Phil Spencer is Obliterating The Distinction Between Xbox and PC, and He's Just Getting Started." It's a great read, but the underlying message, combined with a quote from Spencer himself is what got the gears turning in my head.

In the article's intro it says "Microsoft no longer sees a distinction between gaming on Xbox One and Windows PC. And it doesn't want you to see one either." That's our first clue. PC and console have always been at odds with one another, but Windows 10 is the olive branch that could finally merge the two. Moving away from that for second, Phil was quoted saying something that points towards a more digital future:

"I think when we look back on Xbox five years from now or so, I think Windows itself will be a critical component to the success I think we can realize of Xbox itself, and gaming will be a critical component to the success of Windows. I really believe that. When we say 'putting gamers at the center,' that's different than putting a piece of plastic or a specific device at the center."

Spencer describes this evolution as a transformation of Xbox One under his tutelage and a new focus on gaming for Windows. This marriage of PC and Console is the first step towards a totally new type of console, one that has no box. Some would describe it as a service or an app instead of a console, but let's not name names until we get to the meat of what this could mean.

Notice how Spencer says that it's different than putting a piece of plastic or device at the center of their new gaming focus. Yeah, I know, I'm reading into it, but we already know that Microsoft wants a cloud-based console. After all, they tried to do it with Xbox One.

The biggest reason people get angry about a new console is the concept of spending more money on the machine. What if there was no machine? What if Microsoft turns the Xbox One into a streaming device using Windows 10? We wouldn't have to worry about upgrading hardware (which would satisfy the PC crowd) because we would stream games through the console. The servers doing the streaming would handle the graphics and processing for you.

So what, Microsoft is just going to put Windows 10 on your Xbox and call it an Xbox Two? Sort of, you see Microsoft has already described Windows 10 as a service, which means there won't be a Windows 11. Ever.

Instead Microsoft plans to constantly update the operating system in the background. It will continue to change and evolve as you use it. You'll never have to buy an upgrade for it as long as you own it. This is the alternative to working on a new system for three years and releasing new ones for people to buy. Microsoft will instead make money from app purchases, music downloads, rentals, and the like.

So if Microsoft plans on blurring the lines between PC and console, while also switching their main product to a service instead of a release schedule, wouldn't it make sense to draw the line from this to the Xbox 2? Instead of making a new console, they may just put Windows 10 on the Xbox, turn it into a streaming device, and call it Xbox Two. They could start with something like this and provide updates while making their money from games and subscriptions instead.

I have more evidence, for your consideration. In an interview with Polygon in March 2016, Phil Spencer reiterated what he said on stage at the 2016 Xbox Spring Showcase. Now he's talking about giving the Xbox One hardware upgrades during its cycle. This is all part of his vision for a "Universal Windows Platform."

Phil spoke about the constant evolution of things like smartphones and PCs, and he wants the console to join that evolution by offering hardware upgrades instead of a new console every so many years. Apparently he's as tired as everyone else with consoles being outpaced by technology.

This, of course, also suggests that there won't be anymore console releases. There is plenty of skepticism around this happening with Xbox One, but I could easily see this being possibility with Xbox 2. The Xbox One was built as a console, but a new box with this PC mindset could be designed from the ground up like a Steam Box that is living room friendly, but also easy to open up and clean or replace parts.

This vision, if it gains ground, could hasten the arrival of the Xbox 2.

The Ultimate Factor: Innovation Vs Technology

Each time a new console generation is released, the so-called "console wars" begin. Each console strives to beat out the other in terms of overall sales. There are a huge number of factors that decide who will win in terms of sales. Part of it is the marketing, part of it is the quality of the games, but a huge chunk is attributed to the innovation that the consoles shows.

What makes this new product different? What makes it stand out? Are the graphics better, is the controller redesigned? These types of things will catch the eyes of gamers and secure those sales that each company wants so badly. As we've discussed before, Microsoft overstepped their bounds when they tried to push an always online version of the Xbox One. That was an instance where the innovation they had was too much for the current technology to handle.

When this disconnect happens, that's when new consoles are developed. Developers want to realize a vision, and the current hardware doesn't support it, so they need something better. Of course, there needs to be a general consensus on this subject, otherwise the current console will just have to suffice.

The Xbox One released as a pared down version of Microsoft's original vision. In 2015, the console is far behind the PS4 in overall sales. At the GeekWire 2015 summit, the current Xbox Boss, Phil Spencer was asked if he thought Xbox One could beat PS4. He replied with a simple and honest answer: "I don't know. They have a huge lead and a great product."

You may be thinking that Microsoft should just try again with Xbox Two, but Phil Spencer isn't keen on giving up just because they are lagging behind in the numbers. Spencer continued speaking, in front of a huge audience mind you, saying that he is seeking to regain the team's trust and motivation. Ultimately, he said, his goal isn't about selling more units than Sony.

Instead, he said "We're not motivated by beating Sony, we're motivated by gaining as many customers as we can. I have to earn every customer. My biggest competitor is apathy."

While the Xbox One is struggling in the numbers, innovation continues to drive it forward. With the recent announcement of backwards compatibility on the system, it is already evolving past what we thought it could do. Combine this with the HoloLens and we see a revitalized vision for the console. Currently both innovation and technology are hand-in-hand.

As this evolution continues though, the hardware inside of the Xbox One may not be enough to sustain the ideas that Microsoft has. When this become apparent on a large scale, suddenly the need for an Xbox Two is very apparent. It is more than likely that they are already planning it, but the careful balance between innovation and technology is what will decide how the company moves forward.

If the former exceeds the latter, we'll see the Xbox Two sooner. Phil Spencer isn't ready to just give up, nor is he being unrealistic about what Xbox One can accomplish. Ultimately, he's being realistic and driving his team forward. This points to a possible comeback for the Xbox One and supports our ultimate release date prediction for the Xbox Two.

What do you think though? Will the Xbox 2 be here sooner, or later? Weigh in with your thoughts in the comments below!

Xbox Two Release Date

Latest News
We’ll be keeping you up to date with the very latest when it comes to the release date of the Xbox Two so check back frequently to discover any new snippets of information on the rumor mill.

1. Xbox Two Confirmed

This is huge for us here at Xbox Two Gamers. Phil Spencer, the head of Microsoft's Xbox Division, spilled the beans that Microsoft is indeed planning on doing another console after the Xbox One. Did he call it the Xbox 2? Find out in the full article!

2.Why Xbox 2 Needs to Happen Sooner than Later

The environment of the industry is showing signs of massive acceleration. The Xbox One will be out of date before we know it. In this article we take a look at the major factors that suggest the Xbox Two should be here sooner rather than later.

3. Microsoft Lays Off 60 Members of the HoloLens Team

This is rough news for everyone involves. After deciding that they wanted to "switch focus" Microsoft laid off the entirety of its HoloLens team in Israel. Not only is that harsh, but it raises questions about the HoloLens and whether its future is in jeopardy.

4. Former Xbox Boss Talks Xbox Two

Robbie Bach, the previous chief of the Xbox division, spoke with GeekWire and made some pretty exciting comments about the Xbox Two and other emerging technologies. You'll want to read this one.

5. GeekWire's Podcast With Robbie Bach

This is the source for the Robbie Bach article. If you're curious about what else he said during the podcast, check out this link for the full details.

6. Will Microsoft Buy AMD?

AMD is the manufacturer of the chipsets that power the Xbox One and the PS4. If Microsoft were to buy out the company, they would have a huge edge over the competition. Sony would literally have to pay Microsoft just to make their consoles. Find out if these rumors have any truth to them in the full article!

7. What The HoloLens Means For Xbox 2

The HoloLens is Microsoft's new augmented reality headset. While it hasn't been released yet, it joins several other headsets in the virtual reality field which could point towards a future where this type of gear is used consistently across the new consoles. Find out what the HoloLens means for Xbox 2!

22 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

I wouldn't cement that release date, not the way with MS talking about maybe releasing a new Xbox One that can be upgraded like a PC.

to be honesty MS always have been changing their minds about anything. I just got this off a website. No one knows what MS will do in the future.  

On 3/26/2016 at 8:49 PM, knwolf30 said:

to be honesty MS always have been changing their minds about anything. I just got this off a website. No one knows what MS will do in the future.  

true, but they been doing better since Phil has been in charge.

On 3/26/2016 at 0:52 PM, RayDaBeast said:

I cant trust MS anymore. That's why i'm sticking to PlayStation xD

Sorry but Hating on a company because of a console then you missing out on the rest . If your not using a Mac computer then you are using Microsoft products period.  Each consoles have their up and downs. PlayStation have their Exclusive games so do Microsoft.  I have both systems because i have friend that only plays on Xbox or the others just play on PlayStation. As long I have something to play video games on I'm happy.

• 4 months later...

If you're talking about project Scorpio. It's not going to be called the Xbox Two. This entire forum should be deleted to be honest. It's quite pointless IMO.

Scorpio is still an Xbox ONE console, just more powerful, however, it's still a part of the ONE family. :)

smokeysig.png revad1.png

• 10 months later...
  • Management Team

Since Xbox two won't be out till 2020 or even later I have removed the boards with it as it was no use and taken space. For know on all discussion based on Xbox two shell be located with the Xbox one.       

Topic-Moved.png

If you feel like this has been done in a error, please let us know

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!