Is Minecraft Still the Best Voxel Game?

I have never played Minecraft, but I've always been curious about it - It was the first of it's kind - but nowadays there are many competitors in the same spirit as Minecraft. Islet was on sale on Steam yesterday, and it has a cuter more anime look - but I was wondering how it's features, and more importantly, how the communities compared on these, and similar games?

I kinda want to try a voxel game - and wondering which one I should pick up first ^^.

I'm dying to play Peria Chronicles but still no release date - it is literally an anime Minecraft lol. So I want to get my feet wet with similar games while waiting for Peria.

I think it is. You can't really mess with the originals of game creators. It is just a fun game and it's really timeless at this point.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Minecraft all the way. Definitely has to be the number one best Voxel Game out on the gaming marketplace.  You cannot mess with the original version and I guarantee you,  you won't find a 3D Sandbox game as good as this game is. 

Untitled.jpg.84c10253d91a4492d3b4b6b8ff6ba468.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Minecraft is definitely the best, partly because of it's rather impressive fanbase (the age range is astonishing), the new content it releases, the freedom you have, and the years and years of advertising and hype. I would not be surprised if I still see it around in five, ten years even if it's peak seems to have passed.

• 1 month later...