Cell Phones vs Cameras

As an amateur photographer, I would like to know what devices do you use in order to take your photos. I have not yet bought a professional camera, but I use my iPhone. It has 5 megapixels. Do you think that it is good? 

What devices do you own for your hobby/profession? How much did it cost? 

• 11 months later...

If you want to seriously get into photography, you'll want a nice camera.  They have really good zoom, and much higher rez than 5MP.  I've seen cameras with like 20MP for less than $100.  Smartphones are getting really good lately, but trust me, get a nice digital camera. :)

[SIZE=4][URL='https://session9.net']Session 9 Asylum[/URL] ~ Reality is only perception, but how do you know what you perceive is real?[/SIZE]
[COLOR=rgb(44, 130, 201)][SIZE=4]~PM me for an invite code~[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• Management Team

Most of the built in phones now have really nice cameras that have like 16 or double amount megapixel and with so much apps you can do allot more. Yet I rather use camera that is built for that one job and that's being as an camera that takes images. A phone is made to be used as an phone to call and text.

You can buy an £200 or more camera that has max of 60 megapixel :P and the results are better and I'm those people who rather use Photoshop on my PC to edit 

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 1 year later...

I currently still use my phone but when I can I want an actual camera. I've used them before, and I've found I'm more satisfied with the final product. I need less editing, which is always a plus as well.

I also prefer the feel of it in my hands, if that makes sense. Kinda like preferring actual books over e-readers.

An actual camera will be better quality, more options, overall. I know there are phones with really state of the art options when it comes to their camera (10+ MP, various options and such) but I don't have one of those nor can afford it.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2020 at 8:25 AM, Demon_skeith said:

I only use my phone these days, haven't owned a camera of my own in years. Though I feel like cameras take better pics than phones do.

Same. It's just so much more convenient than having to carry around two devices when you need to take photos. And most high-end phones can easily look as good as some good cameras out there.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2020 at 2:14 PM, kingcool52 said:

Same. It's just so much more convenient than having to carry around two devices when you need to take photos. And most high-end phones can easily look as good as some good cameras out there.

Not to mention most good cameras are really bulky. A phone is just easier.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am not really in photography much. However, I think cameras will do the trick these days. My sister, who is also a instagram blogger and a model uses a mobile phone for shooting. The only thing she uses extra is a loop mobile LED light so illuminate her pictures. 

However, for professional photography, cameras continue to be the mainstay. 

• 9 months later...

There are a lot of phones that take good pictures but they still do not compare to a solid camera. I have a camera that is 10 years old and it still outshines my Samsung Galaxy s20's camera. The camera at the time was an $800 one. 

• 2 weeks later...

While I don't take that many pictures, my husband does & he bought us a camera many years ago that we like to use. We don't do cell phones so I cannot comment on how good of quality those would be. We tend to be more old-fashioned. A phone is to make a call. A camera is to take pictures! To me, if an item such as a phone is similar to a jack of all trades, there's too many things that can go wrong with it. Just like how back in the day we never wanted a TV/ VCR combo. When one gets screwy, well, you lose the other too! 

I prefer using a camera, as it is easier to setup certain settings for reuse in the future. Plus I like the ease of the facial recognition software that comes with most modern cameras, as I tend to forget names that goes with faces on occasion, and need that reminder when I go through pictures.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management Team

Definitely phone. Modern phones make awesome photos mostly because great software processing. Especially night photos.

And compact camera will not be something even close to dslr/mirrorless camera. And if you don't want to carry something slightly bigger around - good phone with camera (like google pixel) would be better choice.

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 1 month later...