Do video games have a negative impact on people today?

I've been playing Video Games on and off for 16years. Reasons I've gone on and off from it, was because I had school and in my later years work. I never suffered withdrawals.

I think alt of Studies are not very effective in understanding why or if a person gets addicted. Would a person consider that the individual is at fault or is it the fault of a parental figure? Because everything in moderation is okay and wont harm the individual. Now, who sets up the rules for what gets put in moderation? Wouldn't it be the parents or guardians? You could Feed your children candy alt more then any other kid, would they be addicted to sweets? If so is that the child's fault or the parents who gave them the sweets?

I think video games is a form of entertainment as the same as for movies and books. Can watching to much movies or reading to many books lead to anti-social behaviour?

From personal experience, I've probably met better online then in person. Having a social atmosphere in a video game brings a new level entertainment, is a good thing I think. Due to the reason that society makes it hard to develop relationships in the real world due to the fact that society tends to put people in levels of social groups. Sure you can say if stopped playing video games and go out and socialize, but that still wont change the fact people out there are ruthless and people in a video game isn't.

Thus I don't think it has a negative one, but a positive one.

• 5 months later...

I don’t think gaming has negative on people at all. Infect I think It can be helpful for improving fine motor skills due to all the fine movements you have to do with your fingers when playing games.

People who addicted to gaming would also get addicted to other forms of media aka gaming makes no difference.

• 1 year later...

I suppose it can be bad!   I mean, it's just like anything - for instance, Facebook addiction!  Anyway, isn't it funny when people on FB all day criticize gaming?

• 2 weeks later...

I've played PC games for a very, very long time.  Both during school, at school, and after work.  I can report no side effects. hehe

[SIZE=4][URL='https://session9.net']Session 9 Asylum[/URL] ~ Reality is only perception, but how do you know what you perceive is real?[/SIZE]
[COLOR=rgb(44, 130, 201)][SIZE=4]~PM me for an invite code~[/SIZE][/COLOR]