Favourite movie genre(s)?

People usually ask what is your favourite movie meaning specific title. But what I kind of movie genre is the most popular among BaySideGamers? For it's sci-fi and mystery. And if the movie brings the two together, then it's even better. Though I don't like most of the silly or stereotypical movies from these genres. Space Odyssey 2001, Interstellar, the Matrix trilogy, Cloud Atlas or even Prometheus are some of the movies I enjoyed watching.

tbforum.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

For me it has to be fantasy because it takes things away from the real world and makes a world of it's own. One example has to be Harry Potter series because it is based around magic and how magic is used. Even though in the films magic wasn't really prohibited around the world.  It makes for interesting plots though.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

I prefer Sci-Fi. Leaning towards fantasy. Nothing overly gory & no horror. Has to have a light-hearted storyline with some comedy as well to not take life too seriously. Ones I like are Stargate Franchise, Fringe. If people are into Sci-Fi & have other titles to share, please feel free.

• 2 months later...

I like watching Family type shows and I'm a big cartoon fan! My daughter makes fun of me for watching cartoons at my age but I appreciate the art of it.

• 2 weeks later...