Desktops VS Laptops

I personally prefer Laptops over desktops.  Laptops are more portable than desktops. You can take the laptop outside the house and various places. Also, with a Laptop, it has less wires than a desktop. It only has one lead which is the charging-cable. Part of the reason I prefer laptops is down to preference.

Edited by xXInfectedXx

Untitled.jpg.84c10253d91a4492d3b4b6b8ff6ba468.jpg

I'm really not a desktop kind of guy. I prefer laptops because I don't game on it, I just use it to use the internet on.  Plus laptops are a lot cheaper than desktops. For desktops there about as twice as much than an laptop. A custom build is so expensive too. Laptops are portable meaning thing that I can do more than 1 thing at the same time.

• 3 weeks later...

Considering I never leave the apartment, a full blown desktop PC works for me.  I just got a 24" HD monitor as well.  IMO laptops aren't as powerful, have smaller screens, and I hate that "touch" mouse thing. lol

My art & photography profile: https://www.deviantart.com/darkness-of-soul

I have used laptop for many years but when I bought my new gaming computer I fell in love with desktop although laptops you can carry them around with you anywhere while desktops you can't which sucks.

On 12/16/2016 at 8:06 AM, Mynx said:

I have used laptop for many years but when I bought my new gaming computer I fell in love with desktop although laptops you can carry them around with you anywhere while desktops you can't which sucks.

Cool. What are your game rig's specs?

• Management Team
13 hours ago, zoldos said:

Cool. What are your game rig's specs?

I'm typing of my head, since it hasn't been turned on for a year almost. It's alright but you can say it's outdated by five years 

i7 3930k 3.6ghz

Asus P9X79 deluxe Motherboard 

Asus 680 gtx directcu ii

CoolerMaster Storm Trooper Case

16GB DDR3 memory 

128GB SSD and 2x 1TB HDD

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

17 hours ago, Empire said:

I'm typing of my head, since it hasn't been turned on for a year almost. It's alright but you can say it's outdated by five years 

i7 3930k 3.6ghz

Asus P9X79 deluxe Motherboard 

Asus 680 gtx directcu ii

CoolerMaster Storm Trooper Case

16GB DDR3 memory 

128GB SSD and 2x 1TB HDD

How's that SSD?  I had a 256GB SSD but it died after 6 ,months.  Cost me over $400!  I now run a 2TB HDD.  Not a bad setup tho!

• Management Team
2 hours ago, zoldos said:

Yup....I want at least a 2TB so I can just clone it and won't need extra setup....

What one are you looking at? I like to get an bigger SSD but it comes down the the money

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I Have both, to be honest, I use my laptop for a work environment, and desktop for gaming and anything related to that. Pretty obvious that desktop is cheaper in parts to make, better graphics, and other such goodies. While a laptop is less powerful and has limited usage in the area of gaming, it is coming along nicely, but the prices are just sometimes really outrageous in my opinion. Add to the fact that you would have to change a laptop every 2-3 years, depending on the specifications and on you don't, you can pretty much see my point.

• Management Team
2 hours ago, Horus said:

I Have both, to be honest, I use my laptop for a work environment, and desktop for gaming and anything related to that. Pretty obvious that desktop is cheaper in parts to make, better graphics, and other such goodies. While a laptop is less powerful and has limited usage in the area of gaming, it is coming along nicely, but the prices are just sometimes really outrageous in my opinion. Add to the fact that you would have to change a laptop every 2-3 years, depending on the specifications and on you don't, you can pretty much see my point.

I have (used to) have an gaming Asus laptop an a built desktop. the desktop is older with an 680 as the laptop has an 980m card and allot newer. the outcome that the desktop wins the power and best resuilts

baysidegamersx468x60.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I prefer laptops as they are just smaller and much easier to use. Plus you can take them almost anywhere meaning you can work anywhere

spacer.png