Desktops VS Laptops

I like desktops simply cause that's what I'm used to.  On top of that, laptops have flat keyboards which I don't like.  However, though, I see the value of laptops as something to have for long trips.  In that case, I wouldn't mind getting a really cheap one with a small screen like a Chromebook.

• 4 years later...

I honestly prefer the Desktop. My husband uses the Laptop for his own use but he doesn’t get on the computer too much. What’s to like? The Desktop has a bigger screen, it’s on a desk (lol) so it’s easier on the body where you aren’t just slouching on the couch or bed. I can’t imagine using that small keyboard to type. I use an ergonomic keyboard & mouse otherwise my wrists will be hurting.

There was a time when I would say that I prefer desktops because they were more reliable and powerful compared to laptops. Nowadays, laptops can do pretty much everything that a desktop can do. I like the portability aspect of it. I like the idea of not being confined to a single workspace. This is particularly important while working remotely in my opinion. Sometimes a change of scenery is nice during the day so being able to easily take my computer to another room is very important to me. 

• 2 months later...