Immigration To the United States

Lots of stuff going on about this, I really don't know what to feel considering that this was one of the first things that Trump went ahead and did. Google is recalling many of its overseas staffers it seems in order to be in compliance with this new order. I think the whole thing is a bit bogus to be quite honest. Google's co-founder Sergey Brin and President of Alphabet joined protestors in San Francisco, but in a personal capacity along with many protestors at airports across the nation. He himself was a refugee who founded Google, and I find it quite disheartening that it has come to this. What are your thoughts on immigration?

• 2 months later...

The whole ban thing has been heavily overblown. The executive order never banned US citizens, it was just airports not popularly understanding the text. On the issue of refugees; the USA is not the closest safe country to most other in reality if the people who claim to be refugees and don’t come from Mexico or Canada then they are not refugees but economic migrants.

Refugees = people felling war or similar situation.

Economic migrants are people who take a financial advantage of migrating to a another country often causing wages to go lower for people on lower skilled work or claiming welfare.

• 6 months later...
On 4/21/2017 at 3:31 PM, thebestofthebest said:

The whole ban thing has been heavily overblown. The executive order never banned US citizens, it was just airports not popularly understanding the text. On the issue of refugees; the USA is not the closest safe country to most other in reality if the people who claim to be refugees and don’t come from Mexico or Canada then they are not refugees but economic migrants.

Refugees = people felling war or similar situation.

Economic migrants are people who take a financial advantage of migrating to a another country often causing wages to go lower for people on lower skilled work or claiming welfare.

The trade and other policies of the US have forced a desperate situation.  I mean, the 1970s had an open border, as seen on the movie Cocaine Cowboys, yet no vast migration. All this stuff happened recently with the implementation of free trade.