Have you modded your Wii console?

CM30

As in, do you play homebrew or use hacks for it, like the custom tracks for Mario Kart Wii or custom characters for Super Smash Bros Brawl?

Personally, I've modded the Wii myself.  I use a bunch of custom stages and music in Smash Bros Brawl, and mostly race on custom tracks in Mario Kart Wii.  Haven't tried Project M though, since it's not really available in PAL regions at the moment.

Owner of Wario Forums and Gaming Reinvented and long time Nintendo fan.  If you want to add me as a friend on 3DS, my friend code is 3067-7946-8593

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I chose not to mod mine, mainly because I just dont play the wii enough to worry about the mods, and I only play wii sports, or dancing games with my wife.

• 3 years later...

I modded my Wii a few months ago for two games specifically; Mario Kart Wii and Fortune Street. I did it to Mark Kart primarily to be able to play online again, the extra levels is a big bonus and the fact that everything is unlocked :P. Fortune Street I hacked because in order to get everything unlocked I am convinced that you'd have to play for a lifetime to even possibly unlock everything...aside from those two things I haven't really done much.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’ve modded my original Xbox, ps2, and wii. Not only is the Wii the easiest console I’ve ever modded; by far; start to finish you can get everything installed and configured in 30 min, but you can do so much with it. It takes up no space, has a huge library of games, and a ton of emulator support.