Problems Of Bigger Developers And Publishers

You may of noticed a trend of bigger game developers trying to make their games look and play more like interactive movies. This trend has increased development costs even tho the pay of games has not increased in over ten year and this is why we see so much DLC for games.

Infract due to inflation, you are pay about a third less for your triple a then you where ten year ago.

If the bigger developers want to make money without trying to shovel out a million DLC then they should look to the indie game scene to figure out how to cut cost. The main thing they will learn is by putting priority on the game play and not trying to copy what Hollywood is doing they can make games that are really good to play and don’t cost an arm and a leg to make.

• 2 years later...

Honestly, I don't really mind the price, though.  I mean, well, it would be tough on a kid - but an adult can easily dash out $50 - for a good game.  Anyway, kids can also buy used - so that's a help for them - and also for adults wanting to save.  O.K. I am speaking, though, of people in developed nations.

• 2 years later...
On 3/29/2019 at 9:11 AM, jy76 said:

Honestly, I don't really mind the price, though.  I mean, well, it would be tough on a kid - but an adult can easily dash out $50 - for a good game.  Anyway, kids can also buy used - so that's a help for them - and also for adults wanting to save.  O.K. I am speaking, though, of people in developed nations.

I am an adult and I do buy used games. That doesn't need any age restrictions to buy that. 😊

Actually, almost 90% of the games that I purchase are used ones. It's better to wait for atleast 3 months or so, and the used copies will be up for sale on local websites. 😊

• 7 months later...
  • Management Team

I think the big issue is that the cost to start up an entire publishing division (sales, marketing, production, transport, etc.) is prohibitive to the point that making a deal with a large publisher is preferable financially speaking. In addition, established publishers like EA and Activision have already shown their proficiency in the publishing realm, so why go through the effort of creating an in-house publishing division that would likely be of reduced quality?

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!