I Don't Think VR Is The Future

Nowadays, you see all this talk about how VR “will become this really big and important technology) but all of the VR products that have been extremely impractical and will remain so even if the faults of the current technology are fixed.

Most people would want to use VR for gaming but this comes with a huge issue and that is the huge head ware that you need to wear, this is far less convenient then just sitting down on the sofa with a controller in hand.

I believe that the current fade of VR will die out as it did in the 1990’s and that the technology will continue to be used the same way it always has and that is to train people.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I also feel this is a fad that will pass. They've tried things like this before with motion controls and that didn't catch on well at all. I don't see VR being all that big of a deal.

smokeysig.png revad1.png

• 4 months later...

I just can't see it becoming too popular because of how expensive the good headsets are. And the cheaper ones are just not good enough for it to be popular for a long time. 

spacer.png