Do you have to finish GTA Storyline to get access to online?

I'm thinking about getting an xbox live subscription so that I can RP online like I've been seeing some streamers do lately. I just wasn't sure if I had to finish the game first. I haven't even started the game (or barely have) so that would mean I would need to put in some serious time which means I would put off getting xbox live until I finished it.

I was just curious.

Programmer. Forum Owner. Wife. Cat Mom.

https://dudethatserin.com

• Management Team

When you lunch the game for the first time it will begin the very first part of the story and once you have passed that then you can join the online part at any time you want :) 

When you join the online for the first time you will have to go though the customisation of your online player and you be at level 1 :) You have some hours and hours to get to level 66 

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Just the intro but I would recommend playing a bit more of the story if you have just begun. The story will help you learn about different things which will be a lot of help when playing online.

spacer.png

• 2 months later...

I complete the majority of the storyline, it's important too. It's unlocks most of the game, for example survival jobs which are exteremly fun to play. The GTA Storyline is also very interesting, it can be more enjoyable than just playing Online Mode at time if you are bored.

Untitled.jpg.84c10253d91a4492d3b4b6b8ff6ba468.jpg