The Sims?

How is Sims 4 not open world? I have that and Sims 3.  Both are fun, but I agree, the slow loading was killing me. lol

[SIZE=4][URL='https://session9.net']Session 9 Asylum[/URL] ~ Reality is only perception, but how do you know what you perceive is real?[/SIZE]
[COLOR=rgb(44, 130, 201)][SIZE=4]~PM me for an invite code~[/SIZE][/COLOR]

On 5/20/2017 at 5:46 PM, Empire said:

Not an player, I never got be interested for me to get the game

I remember buying the original Sims and my PC couldn't run it. lol I was able to get a refund but was sorely disappointed.

[SIZE=4][URL='https://session9.net']Session 9 Asylum[/URL] ~ Reality is only perception, but how do you know what you perceive is real?[/SIZE]

• Management Team
On 2017-5-22 at 7:48 PM, zoldos said:

I remember buying the original Sims and my PC couldn't run it. lol I was able to get a refund but was sorely disappointed.

That's the thing now that when you interested in a game you must read the information if the game can run on your system. Allot of games now are made for high end system

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

I read the specs on the box and thought it would run. lol This was like 25 years ago. hehe

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is one of the most popular franchises I know about. I'm surprised there wasn't a topic here regarding it already.

What do you guys like most about The Sims? What do you like least? Which series iteration is your favorite? Least favorite?

Mine in order is:

Being able to control someone and do almost anything with them.

Loading screens and mods (too many, takes me too long to get them all!)

The Sims 4

The Sims 2

Programmer. Forum Owner. Wife. Cat Mom.

https://dudethatserin.com

The Sims 4 is terrible when compared to The Sims 3 due to the lack of an open world and the cartoonish style of its graphics.

This is not even going into the ridged building tools that the sims 4 has which means that any houses built in the game there is a lot less varied than in past games.

On 9/17/2017 at 10:25 PM, thebestofthebest said:

The Sims 4 is terrible when compared to The Sims 3 due to the lack of an open world and the cartoonish style of its graphics.

This is not even going into the ridged building tools that the sims 4 has which means that any houses built in the game there is a lot less varied than in past games.

I like the cartoonish style of graphics. I feel like it is more realistic. Idk I like TS4 a lot.

Programmer. Forum Owner. Wife. Cat Mom.

https://dudethatserin.com

• 1 month later...

I currently have the original CD to the original Sims, have Sim 4 on Origin, Sims City (both the newer one and 4), and have played Sims 2 on a PS2 before in the past.

I've never tried it but I have a bit of gameplay of one of the games on YouTube. I'm not too sure about it, to be honest. It seems like one of those games I would get bored of very quickly.

spacer.png

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I prefer the Sims 3, but the Sims 4 has come a long way from when it just launched, I guess just like every sims game. To be fair I never tried any sims game before the third one, and I really liked it. I didn't even mod it, but after the Sims 4 was out buying expansions became a lot more affordable so I have tried new things. I have spent a lot of time creating household versions of my fictional characters, making sims that looks like my friends from Mexico that I miss or just mucking around.

I also have tried some worlds made by the people and it is fun.

For the Sims 4, I've mostly been making characters but I haven't played as much. It is fun to see how well people can make some celebrities or even try to adapt other characters, like say Rick and Morty, to create a household with them.

Building your house and creating a sim is a lot more intuitive on the Sims 4. I like you can really sculpt different part of their bodies and have really unique characters.

To be fair I haven't played either in a long time.

Oh, and usually the sims port, as far as I've heard have been disappointing so I have kept myself away from the,m. let's see if TS4 one can break that spell.

Edited by Kaynil

• 2 weeks later...

I do love the SIM's games and Lord knows I've spent many an hour wiling away building houses only to get annoyed and knock them down lol. I've not played TS4 for a good while now because I just didn't take to it. It just seemed a bit too weird for my liking and TS3 was always the king in my eyes. I just loved the way it worked and I always got a kick out of going onto TheSimsResource and downloading fancy houses and additional models to deck out my Sim's home with. I remember having a TV that was as long as the house and as tall as the floor haha. Made for a lovely cinema room though ;) Suppose it's all down to your preferences at the end of the day though.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't own the game myself but a friend of mine does and I'll often play on his computer. If I ever get a new computer, I'd be more than willing to get it given that it's a great game and so much fun.

• 1 year later...

The Sims 4 was just good enough to not make me regret buying it but nowhere near good enough for me to recommend that anybody else should. As you can see from the other user reviews the UI is very, very poorly implemented. The touchpad switches between the use of the menus (to observe your Sims needs for example or their inventory) and the actual game (directing your sim what to do). It simply doesn't work. Often you'll react to an event on screen only to realize that you are in "menu" mode not "play the game" mode and whilst it's not the hardest thing to rectify it will happen again and again and again and it soon gets very old.