A movie/tv show based on a book?

• 5 months later...

The Bible was the only book I read that I also saw as a movie.  However, though, the movie versions, though fantastic, are nothing compared to a reading.  Anyway, my opinion on this is the same as with music videos - in that, I'd rather use my imagination than use the director's.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I usually watch the movie if I liked the book. In most cases I preferred the books though. In some cases I liked both, but liked them both as stand-alones, not the movie a book-adaptation. If that makes any sense .

• 4 years later...

Two of my favorites would be ;

1. Game of Thrones 

2. House of The Dragon 

I have read both the books and completed watching Game of Thrones. I'm on House of The Dragon now. The season two is coming out in 2024. 

• 1 month later...

I have watched movies that are based on a book, yes. Harry Potter is one set of movies I have watched as well as also reading the books. I wouldn't say that I enjoyed the books and the movies any more than one another but I would more so say that it gave me a different perspective of the stories by reading the books and watching the movies. The books have a lot more in them than the movies do which is understandable as the movies were already quite long and fitting in as much as is in the books into a movie would have increased the movie time. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/2/2018 at 11:19 PM, Ash said:

Quite a few actually. Harry Potter, Hunger Games (although I never read the books), Lucifer etc.

I never knew that the TV series Lucifer was based on a book. Although, I didn't get to complete the TV series because at one point, it became boring for me. I might enjoy reading the book. I'm going to look for it.