Making your own video game

Have you ever thought about making your own video game? Even better, have you ever made one? What would your video game be about? What would you rate your video game? For everyone? Teens+? etc.

I think it would be quite hard to make a video game. I would rather play them than make one.

• 1 month later...

I have never made my own video game.  I agree, I think it would be difficult to learn how to make a PC Game. I'm not sure if I want to make my own game, I'm thinking about it.

Edited by xXInfectedXx

Untitled.jpg.84c10253d91a4492d3b4b6b8ff6ba468.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

No, not really.  Well, I did buy a book - but I didn't make the time to study/implement it.   Anyhow, I have always found it fascinating - and I was heavy into coding (in the 2000s).

Anyway, I was wondering, if anyone did make a game, how did they go about it?  What language did you use?  How did you come up with the story-line?

Always been something I was interested in doing back when I was younger, granted I had no idea how I was going to do that. Me and friend actually wrote an entire script for a GTA 'spin-off' game we came up with in our heads called GTA Miami (which I suppose is effectively Vice City looking back on it lol) and that was quite a fun experience really. Looking at it now i'm older as much as I would love to create my own game I'm not sure I could ever get around to it. Looks way too complicated for me and so I'm going to leave that one to the professionals!

• 2 years later...
On 8/9/2017 at 9:56 PM, Canadian said:

Have you ever thought about making your own video game? Even better, have you ever made one? What would your video game be about? What would you rate your video game? For everyone? Teens+? etc.

I think it would be quite hard to make a video game. I would rather play them than make one.

Perfect question to me. I had tried my luck creating a mobile game on Unity. I had copied the gameplay from angry birds and created almost ditto copy of the game using my own assets. But that had some problem with physix attributes. Later, I lost interest and left that project. 😆