Web Root & Other Anti-Viruses

We all need a basic antivirus on our computers, tablets, phones, and etc. ( Besides Windows defender.)

I was wandering which one you use and why,

Personally I use Web Root as it has saved my PC from multiple infections and it instantly takes care of problems. It also takes no longer than 1 minute to do a full scan on everything. Even though Mcaffe Premium Security Suite comes with my TV subscription, I don't use it I use web root.

You?

• 9 months later...

Web Root is much cheaper and it has many awards.  Nonetheless, I suspect it's not the best, even for the money.  However, I haven't had enough attacks by viruses and other negative stuff to really say!

Oh, wait!  One exception.  It would be those tcpip.Sys errors.  Those seemed to stop when I moved to AVG.

Edited by jy76

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

I think web root and other anti viruses are good in their own way. I personally have found out that the windows defender by default is good enough for the removal of the viruses too. I think on that note I'd choose to use the windows defender for my usage. 

• 6 months later...

We have McAfee with this new computer. Before that we were using AVG & had good success with it. We've tried Norton but it let viruses through & we had to get our computer fixed. It may have been an isolated incident but it set the stage for not renewing that contract. 

I have family that uses WebRoot as well & they are quite satisfied with the service. If McAfee didn't work for us, WebRoot would've been another one we would go to.