Watching TV harmful

• Management Team

Back in Australia I used to watch an good amount of TV, but since the move over to the UK I tend to be on my PC most of the time now and only thing that I do watch like movies is off of amazon prime. Even then I watch it though my desktop :) 

It is harmful if you tend to seat down all day watching the TV and soon enough it's not good for your health and you have to have some break by getting up and moving around. I mean seating down all day can get you fat and eyes start to be red. 

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 2 months later...

I don't watch that much TV anymore except for a few of my favourite TV shows. Most of the time I just watch TV shows on Netflix or on catch up TV. I don't think watching TV is that harmful, to be fair although staring at a screen for hours on end probably is.

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

Computers have replaced TV for me, but like TV, they can be harmful if overdone, even if the intention is to work and not to play.  Anyway, though, I do watch a little TV.  For instance, I enjoy a good TV show or movie while eating a meal.

• 6 months later...

The last few days the only thing which I was doing was basically watching movies on my computer. For 3-4 days in a row that was my day,  from morning to the next morning. I have found some  serial that I love.

Edited by Kita

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...

My husband & I watch TV while we eat dinner. It's a way to kill two birds with one stone lol But other than that, I hardly watch any. Is it harmful? Anything can be. Some people are addicted to their TV shows & tend to neglect actual living. Those are the ones who need to take that step back & reevaluate how much as well as WHAT they are watching. 

• 4 weeks later...

Watching TV isn't harmful unless your doing it 24 hours a day. Which at that point you may need some help. I suppose anything over 8 hours is a bit too much. I don't watch TV hardly ever and I am usually on the computer or playing my Series X.

11 hours ago, TopSilver said:

Watching TV isn't harmful unless your doing it 24 hours a day. Which at that point you may need some help. I suppose anything over 8 hours is a bit too much. I don't watch TV hardly ever and I am usually on the computer or playing my Series X.

I agree with you

• 1 month later...

I think it is more harmful if you are younger or older. The general act of sitting still for long periods of time is not healthy for the body. As you get older, mindless watching hurts your brain health which is bad too.