Gaming Reviews

Do you read the reviews of a game before you buy a game?  I do, especially if I don't know the game. I want to make sure that the game is right to purchase.

Edited by xXInfectedXx

Untitled.jpg.84c10253d91a4492d3b4b6b8ff6ba468.jpg

It depends on where that review came from. If it’s a few normal reviews on the games’ steam page then you can get a pretty good idea of how good that game is.

What I don’t trust nowadays is professional game review websites as their writers will often review a game based on how closely it comes to their political stance rather than how good that game is.

• 1 month later...

Depends on the game, to be honest. For games that I love like FIFA, GTA or even NFS, I tend to just get the game because I know I will like it and I don't really care too much about what others think. But for games that I don't really play or haven't played before then I will read a review to check what it is like

spacer.png

It depends on how big of a fan of a series I am. If it's a series I really like, I'll just buy it without doing any research. When it comes to one I don't know much about, I'll see what the general consensus is, and why they don't like it.

I never look at reviews.  I guess I should though.  However, though, as thebestofthebest was saying, reviews aren't always what they're made out to be.  I mean, I've even liked movies, like say, Cabin Boy, that I found funny, but critics hated.