Twitch vs YouTube Gaming

I saw that there was a Twitch topic but I didn't see a YouTube Gaming topic. Which one do you guys prefer?

I go on Twitch, personally. I just heard of it first. I haven't been on YouTube Gaming but once for one YouTuber. That's it. I may go on it more but for now Twitch works for me.

Programmer. Forum Owner. Wife. Cat Mom.

https://dudethatserin.com

• Management Team

Twitch edits past broadcast to remove music that infringes copyright, with no negativity attached to the incident. YouTube immediately forces monetization, sends you a notice, then takes the funds (even if it's 2¢) from your past broadcast and pays anyone claiming your content, even if you have monetization turned off. Essentially, your content will be absorbed by the music industry and you'll be earning money for them, whether you like it or not. From experience with the platform, I can guarantee, YouTube Gaming is the WORST streaming experience available. Just stick with Twitch.

YouTube will literally take unlisted archived stream footage and force ads on it, for the benefit of someone else. That's YouTube in a nutshell.

I should also point out that all those lovely comments you read like "wow great content! I gave you a sub, can you sub mine?" Will be popping up in your chat while you're streaming, since bots don't seem to know the difference between a comment on a video or a message in a live stream chat.

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

5 minutes ago, Empire said:

Twitch edits past broadcast to remove music that infringes copyright, with no negativity attached to the incident. YouTube immediately forces monetization, sends you a notice, then takes the funds (even if it's 2¢) from your past broadcast and pays anyone claiming your content, even if you have monetization turned off. Essentially, your content will be absorbed by the music industry and you'll be earning money for them, whether you like it or not. From experience with the platform, I can guarantee, YouTube Gaming is the WORST streaming experience available. Just stick with Twitch.

YouTube will literally take unlisted archived stream footage and force ads on it, for the benefit of someone else. That's YouTube in a nutshell.

I should also point out that all those lovely comments you read like "wow great content! I gave you a sub, can you sub mine?" Will be popping up in your chat while you're streaming, since bots don't seem to know the difference between a comment on a video or a message in a live stream chat.

It's very nice to hear something like this @Empire because once I get my gaming PC built I may actually try and start streaming. So you highly recommend going with twitch? Is their a way to stream on both at the same time?

• Management Team
3 minutes ago, Vadoor said:

It's very nice to hear something like this @Empire because once I get my gaming PC built I may actually try and start streaming. So you highly recommend going with twitch? Is their a way to stream on both at the same time?

You can stream to all three networks if you wanted to :) YouTube, twitch and Mixer. Using restream.io If you going to stream then use OBS

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

7 minutes ago, Empire said:

You can stream to all three networks if you wanted to :) YouTube, twitch and Mixer. Using restream.io If you going to stream then use OBS

Thanks for that input Empire! Very useful to know also when I do get this PC build done will you help me with the best setting for OBS.

• Management Team
6 minutes ago, Vadoor said:

will you help me with the best setting for OBS

Happy to once you are setup and it's simple once you get to know it.

baysidegamersx468x60.gif

• 1 month later...

YouTube Gaming is separate, isn't it? If it is then I haven't really used it. I barely use Twitch either, to be honest, I'm not a huge fan of watching live streams for gaming.

spacer.png

• Management Team
15 hours ago, kingcool52 said:

YouTube Gaming is separate, isn't it? If it is then I haven't really used it. I barely use Twitch either, to be honest, I'm not a huge fan of watching live streams for gaming.

Not really, I mean it's still runs under YouTube/google. Yeah they may have another website for it but when you stream on YouTube it still shows on your channel on YouTube. YouTube gaming is for gaming but I seen streams that aren't just about gaming

baysidegamersx468x60.gif

Ah alright. I had a quick look and I quite like the dark look that they have which is quite cool. Most of my subscriptions are gaming based anyway so it's not really useful for me.

spacer.png

• 2 months later...

Both, Twitch and YT are good media platforms and I've set up OBS and live streamed on the video sharing websites. YouTube streaming for me. The live recording is permanently saved onto your channel after and it's everything YT is free to use.

Untitled.jpg.84c10253d91a4492d3b4b6b8ff6ba468.jpg