Hello everyone! I'm starting this new thread to ask what's your favorite Microsoft strategy game. Microsoft titles include all the Age of Empires, Age of Mythology, Rise of Nations, Halo Wars, and others.

My personal favorite is Age of Empires II and its recent update, HD Edition on Steam. I used to play this game like crazy when I as 10 years old, coming everyday from school to play the great singleplayer campaigns and now, with the new DLCs and added Steam multiplayer, I play it at least twice a week.

So, which one is your favorite and why?

• 6 months later...

My favorite is Civilization 5. The game has so much depth and so many options to as how you can play which makes it exciting. That said, it is a slow moving game and can take the better part of a whole day to finish a game.

• Management Team

I edited the format on the main topic.  If FSX is on the list then that's what I pick

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 1 year later...

I played through C&C: Red Alert 1 and 2, but usually on lower settings.  I also remember Age of Empires being a game that we were able to get working on our computer systems at school, bypassing the security restrictions of being able to install our own applications, and having a grand time on the LAN when we should have been studying.  

But really Halo Wars and Halo Wars 2 I think we're great RTS games that translated the control needed for an RTS to consoles.  I remember reading the old C&C games on Xbox were not very good due to poor controls and trying a more direct translation from PC RTS games.   That made the Halo Wars series seem that much better in comparison.  I'm also a Halo fan, so having some more story in that universe was welcome and I had a lot of fun with it.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The last startegy game I had played was clash of clans on mobile. I don't normally prefer playing startegy games. I am mostly action kinda gamer, so I like holding either a gun or a sword. 😆 

Though, I had really enjoyed playing COC, but soon I had lost interest. 😃