Cheating Guides for Games - Pros and Cons

I think they massively ruin the fun.  In fact, I would only want them as a last resort.  However, though, there are times when you want to finish a game, but a pesky level stops you.  In that case, what else is there to do?

Oh, by the way, where are these guides?  Well, there is IGN and lots of YouTube channels.

• 1 month later...

I don't think a lot of games need cheating guides as much as they seem to.  For instance, Super Mario Galaxy 2 can normally be figured out with just a little mental effort.   Therefore, I think cheating guides seem to be a type of laziness, tbh.

• Management Team

Cheat engine has been used allot by many. Mostly gets used by ETS2 and ATS to able to get to the level and the money to buy trucks and garages. Most people that are new or lost there saved accounts use it to get right onto the truckermp servers to drive around with others.

I have used cheat engine in the pass, but not for the sake of cheater! no way.  

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

On 12/14/2017 at 8:58 AM, jy76 said:

I don't think a lot of games need cheating guides as much as they seem to.  For instance, Super Mario Galaxy 2 can normally be figured out with just a little mental effort.   Therefore, I think cheating guides seem to be a type of laziness, tbh.

I agree. I think most games nowadays are pretty simple for most people, older games tended to be a lot more of a challenge in my opinion.

spacer.png

• 1 year later...

I'm just like yourself, Jason. In answer to your question, cheat guides are listed as Guides and Tutorials mostly on YouTube.

Cheating online or in single player mode take away the element of fun as you have an advantage over other players. By all means, read tutorials, watch game-plays but don't cheat! Modding won't help you improve, it's just an easy away around overcoming stages and missions in storymode. 

Untitled.jpg.84c10253d91a4492d3b4b6b8ff6ba468.jpg

• 1 month later...

I've used cheat guides in the past but only because I was desperate to get past a certain stage of the game. I don't see anything wrong with it. It's just a game :)

On 3/16/2019 at 5:30 PM, Lämmchen said:

I've used cheat guides in the past but only because I was desperate to get past a certain stage of the game. I don't see anything wrong with it. It's just a game :)

I agree. Nothing morally wrong with cheating although you should firstly try figuring it out yourself. Last but not least, you can try watching or reading some tutorials, guides and hint videos. 

Untitled.jpg.84c10253d91a4492d3b4b6b8ff6ba468.jpg

• Management Team
On 3/16/2019 at 5:30 PM, Lämmchen said:

Wasn't you banned?  Gotta be careful that you don't get ban if you played online. I rather watch YouTube if I get stuck then cheat, if anyone cheat you don't know what and how to deal with it.

Yes I cheated before, I think we all did at some point. 

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

I've always used them and I don't see any issue in using them as long as I'm not solely reliant on that manual or cheat to finish the game. I always give things a shot a couple times and if I can't get my head around it (be it a puzzle, how to beat a boss etc.) I'll pop onto Google and have a little look around for a solution. When I started playing RDR2 recently, it was actually quite useful because I had no idea how things work lol. I thought I could be a good boy and get that $300 bounty of my head but that was a nope. Ironically I needed to rob people to get the money to pay off the bounty but also go hunting for a treasure map's treasure. Luckily I'm all paid up now ;)

• 1 year later...