Wireless VS Wired

Alexander

Wireless always. It's just so much more convenient and less annoying. Only annoying thing would be the battery life but it's not too bad now especially with my PS4 controller

spacer.png

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I prefer wireless, but when I need to charge batteries, I go wired. I have always disliked going wired for playing, as the wires to the controllers only last so long under regular use.

• 2 years later...

Definitely prefer wireless controllers here. I have my own docking station to charge them. One of my controllers is broken. I just switch out the battery packs when my main controller dies. If I had to use a wired controller that would be the day.

• 1 year later...

I would definitely have to say without a doubt that wireless is the way to go for me. For at least two years I had to stick with 3rd party wired controllers because I was unable to replace my official wireless controller that ended up with stick drift not long after the warranty ran out and as much as the 3rd party wired controllers were fine and worked well, having that wire being in the way was always annoying. I have now been able to replace my official controller and I am pleased to say that it's wireless and I feel so much more comfortable playing now. 

• 1 month later...
  • Management Team

I'm all about wireless these days as I like to play co-op games on the couch. Things are definitely better nowadays for this type of gaming.

2.4GHz connection for mouse, keyboard and mic. Really dig the Dualsense controller. My main reason was the gyro. I wanted something that felt like it had better comfort/ergonomics and gyro than the Steam controller. For games that have mouse+keyboard control simultaneously, mouse gyro on ADS feels amazing. Recent examples are Deep Rock and Borderlands 3.

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

I use a wireless mouse as the wires actually bother me with mice, but everything else (controllers, headphones, etc.) I prefer wired.

The lack of battery and no connection issues are a key factor for me.  Plus most wired items offer better performance for less money.  Granted wired can lack some features, like multi device and noise cancelling, but those are things I don't really have a need for.

Uncrowned Gaming
A Community Platform for Gamers and Esports
Shooters | MilSim | Tactical

🔗UncrownedGaming.com

• 2 weeks later...

Pre 2018 i would of said Wired but 2018+ I’ve moved completely to wireless with most things..

Edited by Fait

• 1 month later...

I used to have an X-Box with Wireless controllers. I think it's cool as when I played it my bed was a wee way away from the TV so cords wouldn't reach. Plus I can play a game without having to worry about the cord coming out.

On 5/7/2023 at 1:57 PM, Maul said:

I used to have an X-Box with Wireless controllers. I think it's cool as when I played it my bed was a wee way away from the TV so cords wouldn't reach. Plus I can play a game without having to worry about the cord coming out.

definitely depends on the situation for me, because on second thought wireless runs on battery and it can be annoying when they run out and need changing again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Management Team
On 5/7/2023 at 4:57 AM, Maul said:

Oops, seems like someone forgot to recharge those pesky batteries! Don't worry, it happens to the best of us. Like myself

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 5 months later...

I hate having a lot of wires when I am playing games and I have known wires to be such an issue, the slightest knock can result in your controller on the floor and that never does the controller any good at all. 

If I have the option to go wireless with my controller that is the option I will choose every time without fail. 

For gaming on console I definitely prefer wireless. While on the computer it doesn't bother me either way. I can have a wireless mouse even, but I don't really care. At the computer it feels like I should have all the wires, if that makes sense lol. 

I remember the days of console gaming with wires - I hated having to be so close to the TV screen because I had to be close to the gaming console, or because when the wire was too long I couldn't just sit on the couch anyways.