DDoS Attacks

Ever received DDoS threats while playing a game? Even worse, have you been taken offline by a DDoS attack, if so how long for?  Was this caused by a hacker or cheater ingame or just another gamer in your lobby/session?

Untitled.jpg.84c10253d91a4492d3b4b6b8ff6ba468.jpg

• 6 months later...

I have been DDoSed only one time but there were many threats. It was back in the time when I have played Counter Strike 1.6 in some community server.

• 3 weeks later...

No, but DDOS attacks had brought down a hosting company I used once.  In fact, it was for a whole month!  Anyway, obviously they are a bad deal and too bad they also happen in online gaming. 

On 7/9/2018 at 4:31 PM, Kita said:

I have been DDoSed only one time but there were many threats. It was back in the time when I have played Counter Strike 1.6 in some community server.

Regarding gaming, I wonder how this is prevented?  I mean, with hosting there are Cloudflare type systems.

• 1 month later...

I haven't really gotten any DDos attacks specifically while I was gaming and risking items, although I've had it sadly happen to a few of my friends. I think it really goes down to what programs you are using wheneever you play games and how much trust you have in those around you.

• 2 years later...
On 12/21/2017 at 10:32 PM, Alexander said:

Ever received DDoS threats while playing a game? Even worse, have you been taken offline by a DDoS attack, if so how long for?  Was this caused by a hacker or cheater ingame or just another gamer in your lobby/session?

Nah, I never had to face such situation. I play PUBG and FiFA online, and the games are stable. I heard some games like Titan fall had once DDOS attack. But never experienced personally. 😊

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management Team

DDoS while gaming can happen or in many cases you are on a high demanding server while you have people also on the server that are using mods to hack into the game and make your life so badly wrong :P Anyway I see it all the time in GTA online and also PubG had allot back when I was playing it. CSGO used to be very bad but they have improved and able to stop it. 

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

I personally haven't been hit by a DDoS while playing games, as I am not someone that generally ticks others off that much in games. Though my oldest brother has been known to get into hacking contests and DDoS wars with people that tend to cheat in game. He claims he does it to force cheaters from being able to play, but I think it is more out of finding it fun, than getting the point across.

• 1 year later...

Any gamer that's heavily into playing online games must have witnessed a DDoS attack once in a while. I have seen it happen countless times when I was playing GTA online. I read online where someone said same thing about playing Elder Scrolls Online but it's yet to happen to me in the game. 

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Management Team
14 hours ago, Ja sa bong said:

I've never experienced any DDoS attack when I'm playing video games. It's only when I'm using forums I've experienced it and it's very frustrating. 

Not yet anyway,

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 6 months later...
On 9/26/2023 at 12:02 PM, EmpireKicking said:

Not yet anyway,

Yeah, not yet and I hope it stays that way until I retire from playing video games in my life generally. 

I have been threatened many times with a DDOS attack when gaming online, none of them ever go as far as that and I usually just laugh and brush them off when I receive those kinds of threats. 

I have found that these threats usually come from someone who can't get their own way and so threaten hoping it will scare the other person, after a while you become immune to it.