Buying used games

I don't see any problem with buying used games. When I am purchasing the second hand game, I will ask the seller to show me the game is fully working without any problems. As soon as the products faulty or not working, I will not buy the video game as it's not as described.

Untitled.jpg.84c10253d91a4492d3b4b6b8ff6ba468.jpg

I tend to get most games brand new even if they have been out for a long while. I just prefer it when it's brand new.

spacer.png

• 6 months later...

I buy used most of the time. I mean, if they're not scratched, well, they work!  Anyway, the games at used stores are not scratched.

OK, well, used games are a crap-load cheaper than new, but that's not saying I haven't bought new before.  For instance, I bought Mario Kart and Super Mario World II, maybe others, new.

• 1 month later...

I have no proble buying a used game either The only time it becomes an issue for me is when it doesn't come with the original case, etc. Then it's just like a burnt copy in my eyes.

On 9/9/2018 at 2:46 AM, Vaughen said:

I have no proble buying a used game either The only time it becomes an issue for me is when it doesn't come with the original case, etc. Then it's just like a burnt copy in my eyes.

I don't mind not having the original case usually.  However, having it is always better - and for games I truly treasure, well, they would be a must.

OK, given the choice of a game you incredibly like, would you want used, no case, and cheaper, or just a new copy?

Edited by jy76

• 3 months later...

Personally I do not have a problem buying a game used. The only problem that you can run into these days is if you buy a game that gets tied to a persons account and then they return the game. I am not sure how common this is still but I know it was a problem for awhile.

Edited by Daniel

• 1 year later...
  • Management Team

Buying old games is just as cheap as a digital download. If you can get hold of them. 

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

11 hours ago, Chief said:

Buying old games is just as cheap as a digital download. If you can get hold of them. 

Digital is only cheap for PC, to be honest. PlayStation and Xbox gamers usually get shafted with digital downloads because they have awful discounts/prices

spacer.png

10 hours ago, kingcool52 said:

Digital is only cheap for PC, to be honest. PlayStation and Xbox gamers usually get shafted with digital downloads because they have awful discounts/prices

once in a great while I'll see a good sale on a PSN title, only if said title is old as dust.

• Management Team

With second hand games, especially discs just have to lookout for how bad the scratches are on the disc

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 11 months later...
On 1/6/2018 at 10:21 PM, Alexander said:

I don't see any problem with buying used games. When I am purchasing the second hand game, I will ask the seller to show me the game is fully working without any problems. As soon as the products faulty or not working, I will not buy the video game as it's not as described.

I also bought so many second hand games and it really worked fine for me. I had bought God of war 1 and 2, Spider-Man and many other games for my PS2. 

And yes, It is essential to check if the game is properly working  or not before buying an used one. If it is not working properly, you should not waste your money there.

We all know buying used game always come with a discount which is lower than its original new price. I have bought lots play station CDs games in the past, tested them before decided to go home with the options i bought.