Writing a letter of complaint

Have you written a letter of complaint to a video games company? What was your reason? Did they respond and what the outcome of the situation?

Untitled.jpg.84c10253d91a4492d3b4b6b8ff6ba468.jpg

• 6 months later...

Not sure if that counts but Valve owns Steam so should be. I got an unfair avatar ban and appealed it. They answered that the ban is not going to be removed.

• 8 months later...
On 7/11/2018 at 7:11 PM, Kita said:

Not sure if that counts but Valve owns Steam so should be. I got an unfair avatar ban and appealed it. They answered that the ban is not going to be removed.

Did the company give you a reason to why the ban wasn't going to be revoked? Sounds unfair to me!

What Avatar was it? 

Untitled.jpg.84c10253d91a4492d3b4b6b8ff6ba468.jpg

• Management Team

Not often, then again it seems to not happen to me. We all going to get people hacking games but that's something that I do not send an letter to but some games they have an option to report an player. But this day to day life why would you writ an letter if you do it my email and or phone lol

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I've never actually physically sat down and wrote out a letter to voice my displeasure at a games company but I have emailed in, done stuff via my personal social media channels and that to try and get attention. At one point, I was going up against this game I used to play because I got caught in a ban wave despite the fact I honestly did not do anything naughty (on that particular account anyway...:D) but I thought it wasn't fair that my legit one got caught up in all the action. I managed to sort it out and get it appealed to the point I had my account back in my own hands. My others were banned though. :(

• 11 months later...

The first time I wrote a games company was Microsoft, when I bought Tekken 7 day one edition for the Xbox One. It was supposed to come with a code for Tekken 6, but the code didn't work when I put it into Microsoft's website. The site said it was used by another Microsoft account already, and a microsoft rep told me he couldn't help. The next day, the code worked again, and I got an email from Namco telling me they got my code working again.

The second time was an angry rant to the Chinese mobile game publisher Moonton for a major game-breaking glitch in Mobile Legends.

To make a long story short, after the ML2.0.14 update, the game's net code was worse than a Bethesda launch title. The lag was coming from both the app itself, and bad netcode, and the game had a frame-rate of a PowerPoint slideshow.  But get this: the game was interpreting the lag as players going AFK. You get penalized every time that happens, causing you to lose in-game cash, lose rank, and get banned repeatedly from ranked matches until it's permanent. I went from mystic rank to bronze in three days, and IRL money I spent on the game was getting garnished every time I played ranked.

Do keep in mind: this is three months into the bug. The bug was going on for about 94 days by the time it became my problem. I E-mailed them several times, tweeted at them repeatedly, and I got nothing. Finally, I write an article about it, and -one week later- they finally issue an update notice to all players's inbox, stating that they are aware of the glitch, and to stay patient while they fix it.  one week after that, they finally fix the stupid bugs.

https://www.ragefor.com/2019/10/mobile-legends-update-breaks-game-for.html

Other than that, no.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've never written a letter of complaint but I have talked to EA via their live chat and complained about a few things in-game

spacer.png

On 8/3/2020 at 10:39 AM, kingcool52 said:

I've never written a letter of complaint but I have talked to EA via their live chat and complained about a few things in-game

what kind of pre made ready reply/sorry did they give you?

11 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

what kind of pre made ready reply/sorry did they give you?

Sorry, there is nothing I can do. 

I hope you are satisfied with the service blah blah blah

One of the worst gaming companies in the world.

spacer.png