Playing a Video vs the Real Thing - Your Strength?

Are you better at the real thing or the game?  Note, myself, there has been times where I was better than playing American football on a game than real life, cause, frankly, I've never been able to play American football.  I don't have the body for it (tall and skinny) and I've never had enough field experience.

• 1 year later...

Well I'm certainly better at FIFA than I am at football in real life haha. I used to be fairly OK I'd say actually but then I had issues with my kneecap dislocating so I was told that playing competitive football was no longer for me unless I liked wasting six months on crutches every year. I always like to - every now and then anyway - turn the levels down to beginner, mess with all the shot accuracy settings and that and then go ahead and bang 30 goals past some lower league team to make myself feel better lol.

• 2 weeks later...

The more physical contact a sport requires, the better I am guaranteed to be when playing it virtually. American football, for example, I can't play for my life outside of a video game, inside the video game I'm slightly better, but not by much.

I used to be fairly OK I'd say actually but then I had issues with my kneecap dislocating so I was told that playing competitive football was no longer for me unless I liked wasting six months on crutches every year.

Sorry to hear that, had you planned to play competitively/professionally? @martee

• 2 years later...
On 4/17/2019 at 11:53 PM, Darya said:

The more physical contact a sport requires, the better I am guaranteed to be when playing it virtually. American football, for example, I can't play for my life outside of a video game, inside the video game I'm slightly better, but not by much.

Sorry to hear that, had you planned to play competitively/professionally? @martee

lol. 😆 I think I am far better footballer in FIFA than real life. I mean, I do play football on ground too as right winger. But my weakness is my fatigue. I get tired too quickly. While in video games, I can run as much as I can. Lol. 😆