What made you start playing ATS?

I recently started playing American Truck Simulator a few months back; my fiancée got it for me when it was on sale because I had interest in the game. And I really found it relaxing and play it when I want to wind down for the evening after a long day. How did everyone else get into this awesome game?

• 2 years later...

It was cheap and I had already tried ETS 2. So I was just curious to see what it was like. It's good but I definitely prefer ETS

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management Team

Was always into trucking simulators. ETS2 was released and I did not game the game until I heard about the multiplayer mod/addon was coming and was going to make trucking a full new thing. Long story short I brought the disc copy of the game around a month after it was released and I was an active member on the truckersMP site (back then they had a different name) and at the time they have not even released it to the public and so I had hours on end able to play ETS in singleplayer and then BANG, MP was out and I was on it. Back then it was small and they did not have rules in place back then like what or who they are today.

Since then I do not do much single playing in ETS and also ATS. Got ATS right away and only been 2 weeks max and they supported that game also. Had the games since the start should say. I have over 1000 hours in both ETS and ATS all up. Most of the hours are online. Starting with Keyboard then PC xbox controller for a while then moved to the G29 :) Never go back from a wheel again, when trucking you can tell if they are keyboard warriors LOL :P 

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

I honestly have no idea how anyone could ever use just a keyboard for this game. It would feel way too weird. I use my PS4 controller and it's honestly great. Not as good as using a wheel but good enough.

spacer.png

• Management Team

We all hve been there and done that though from the very start, I mean steering wheels back when ETS2 first came out was not good then like how G27 and G29 are today. I started with keyboard and as I chnage I never go back, Now I can tell if they are using keyboard LOL but at times I was like that

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

Were controllers supported at the start or was that something that was introduced later on?

spacer.png

• 1 year later...

I've always had an urge to drive a truck, not that I'd want to do it as a career but it's always been something that's interested me. I used to play an old truck simulator called something American Steel??? Anyway, it got me interested in ATS and now I can live my childhood dream without getting my CDL, honestly though, that's probably a good thing.

• 5 months later...

I've worked in retail most of my life and it kind of attached me to some of the aspects of retail, including 18-wheelers. I always liked to see what trucks were hauling and the logos on the trucks. I started playing a truck simulator game on my phone first, then when I discovered American Truck Simulator I purchased it and started playing it. I didn't play it very often, but I did enjoy it for the most part when I did play it.