Are sports games a waste of time?

In fact, one poster on here, @zoldos suggested people should play the real thing.   In fact, he thinks the public is lazy!  Well, I sort of agree, but I think a mix of offline and online playing is best.  I mean, playing the computer game can hype you up for the offline one and also prepare the strategy.

It's not at all a waste of time. Many people play certain sports games because it's something they can't experience in real life. Yes, you can play some sports with friends but it's just not the same really. And not everyone can get race cars to race around their streets either.

spacer.png

• 7 months later...

I don't think sports games are a waste of time. They're the games that are actually fun to play and don't tend to make me frustrated and angry. 

Sure you should play the real thing opposed to a video game but a video game still requires skill. If you're playing on the Wii or Kinect, sports games also require a lot of movement. Definitely not as much movement as the real thing requires, but you still get some exercise in. 

I play Fifa all the time. I don't find it a waste of time and don't understand why anybody would :D

Everybody is ofcourse entitled to their own opinion, but I disagree with that one.

• 2 months later...

I wouldn't say that playing FIFA is a waste of time, especially for me anyway. I've had various knee injuries over the years and so I can't really play football competitivly anymore so playing FIFA at least gives me a smattering of the joy I used to get playing actual football lol. What I do think is a waste is a new football game every year when it's really just slightly better graphics in my eyes. Just update the squads or something don't make me hand out yet another £50 for a game lol. Although I willingly do so every year and will continue to do so. :P

Edited by martee

• 1 year later...

I would disagree that sports are a waste of time for numerous reasons. Firstly they can provide a meaningful experience and a connection with other people through sport, that people with disabilities or injuries may not be able to receive otherwise. They also provide people opportunities to play sports that are not prevalent in their countries or if they are without adequate facilities to play.

That being said, it is important that sport gaming does not take over ones life and that people are still engaging in physical activity. Sport gaming may be a part of their lifestyle, but not the whole thing.

No, because if you bought the game and you're playing it a lot, you're getting your money's worth. Way better than paying $60 for a game with 4 hours of story campaign and no replay value.

Now, BUYING these games, on the other hand, isn't a waste of time either, but a waste of money. If you bought FIFA '18, and then purchased FIFA '19 thinking you're getting a significant upgrade worthy of full price, you probably think Macs don't get viruses, and that the Nigerian prince who e-mailed you last month really needed your bank account and Routing number just to make a deposit. ¬¬

4 hours ago, Naiwen said:

I still play the Wii's default sports games. I personally love : tennis, table tennis and golf.

I never had a Wii because Nintendo wasn't really something that I considered when getting a console. I've always wondered whether to get a Wii now just for the sports games. Love the look of them.

spacer.png

On 6/13/2020 at 5:42 PM, kingcool52 said:

I never had a Wii because Nintendo wasn't really something that I considered when getting a console. I've always wondered whether to get a Wii now just for the sports games. Love the look of them.

It's quite worth buying, really because the games other than the sports one are also fun to play with, but I like "Just Dance 2000" most on mine because I can dance to the songs I love mostly and it's exercising. I also course enjoy the default sports ones too, such as tennis, golf and wrestling. It's a great way to kill time during the lock down in my area for me personally though.

[url=https://ibb.co/9qyRXFs][img]https://i.ibb.co/Q6YsB2r/CB48-E6-D5-7754-4-BAA-BAA4-EDA1-D0215660.jpg[/img][/url]

https://disneylandlove.proboards.com

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing a lot of Rocket League again lately and that's been keeping me busy. Tbf, no, it's not a waste at all. Especially when playing against other players, it's a sense of achievement to win!

• 1 year later...
On 5/30/2018 at 2:49 PM, jy76 said:

In fact, one poster on here, @zoldos suggested people should play the real thing.   In fact, he thinks the public is lazy!  Well, I sort of agree, but I think a mix of offline and online playing is best.  I mean, playing the computer game can hype you up for the offline one and also prepare the strategy.

That depends upon individual choices. I love playing FIFA and I don't care if someone says I am wasting my time or not. If I like playing something, I will definitely play it. 😁

That doesn't mean I don't like action/adventure games. My mood decides which game to play and when. 😊

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Well, the truth of the matter is that everyone is entitled to their different opinions. If for some reasons someone thinks and says that sports games is a waste of time, I won't even argue with him or her. It's their business. As for me, sports games are just as good as any other game's genre out there. 

• 6 months later...

When it comes to playing only limited people can have access, you either need to be exceptionally good to get enrolled for teams and clubs (even in schools or neighborhood), and you also need public grounds for practice. However, everyone can start playing video games