My Minecraft Mod List

Hello everyone, I wanted to share with you some of the mods that I used when playing Minecraft, I've been mod and administrator on some servers, and there's some addons that I would find essential to use, but in general this list is just some recommendations that I have.

DO NOTE: All servers have different rules in regards to which plugins are allowed on their server, please read up on those rules before installing any of these modifications.

I guess for those of you who aren't familiar with modding, I'll start my list off with Forge.

• Minecraft Forge this is the basis of all mods you're going to get (for the most part). There's other mod loaders that I would recommend but are specific for certain addons. Minecraft Forge creates a 'mods' folder for you where you can place and load your downloaded jars and files.
  • OptiFine I don't personally play on the fastest computer, so for me this is essential. Even if I did have an amazing rig, I'd still opt into getting this mod as it provides complete control over how Minecraft looks and feels. I'm also a big fan of the capes.
  • Better PVP I wouldn't turn away based on it's name, even if you don't PVP it provides many valuable tools such as a minimap, last death marker, entity details (such as health remaining), xp drops, and many more. The plugin is fully customizable, I personally don't even use the built in minimap, but every aspect can be disabled to suit your needs.
  • Lite Loader this is another mod loader, I wouldn't normally recommend this but it is essential for the next modification in this list. Do note that this should be installed after Minecraft Forge, and is also incredibly easy to install.
  • Macro / Keybind Mod this is the single plugin that I find essential for me to use, I've used it since it's development and now I'm accustomed to it's functions. It may be difficult to learn at first but it's well worth it. You're able to keybind any key to pretty much anything such as various commands and scripts (yes scripts). You're able to create your own scripts which I've done and in general this has made my experience moderating servers much easier.

Thank you for reading, if there's any other recommended general modifications that you think should be on this list, please list them below.

Edited by NearWinter

• 9 months later...

I don't play Minecraft with modifications. Some say they make the video game more fun. Personally, I think it removes any challenge or incentive that Minecraft has to offers to its players. 

Untitled.jpg.84c10253d91a4492d3b4b6b8ff6ba468.jpg

• 10 months later...