Mars Mission Game

Does anyone know of one?  Well, I did stumble across a board game regarding the subject, but it's odd there is a board game, but no video one.

https://wolfsgamingblog.com/2018/07/16/mission-red-planet-review-steampunk-mars/

mars-50-percent.jpg

Anyway, I'm assuming the design of any video game regarding the above mentioned  would be like the board game.   What is the board game about?  Well, I'm thinking it's setup like the game Life.  Has anyone played that?

It’s all very tactical rather than strategic. You can’t have a grand plan going into Mission: Red Planet because it will get tossed out the window on the very first round as the fast-paced action unfolds. No, you need to deal with each and every round as it comes instead, focusing on what’s happening now and what you think other people might do. Every played character is put face up in front of the person who played it until they pop down the Recruiter card which lets them pick up all the discarded characters again, and thus you always know what other players have used and what they have left. You can make educated guesses, but until the cards are flipped over you can rarely ever be sure about what’s going to happen, and so much of the game’s fun stems from watching how a round plays out.

What is the difference between tactical rather than strategic? 😐  Also, what might be an alternative design to this board game and maybe a video game designed from it?

Edited by jy76