My Anti-Virus is due to expire in 21 days time. I have Norton Security Standard, should I renew or look for an alternative? What would everyone here recommend and why?  If anyone here uses Malwarebytes, please could leave a short review about your experience with the service as I'm considering this Anti-Malware/Virus program. 

Untitled.jpg.84c10253d91a4492d3b4b6b8ff6ba468.jpg

• 3 months later...

I'm currently using a combination of Bitdefender Antivirus Plus and MalwareBytes Free.

I've always had a good experience with MalwareBytes, it's done a pretty decent job with everything that I've thrown at it so far..

I previously used Avast Free, but started to look around for premium alternatives with real-time protection. Bitdefender ranked pretty highly in the majority of reviews..

• 1 year later...

Currently i am not using any Antivirus, i am a Linux user and i feel there is a less need for an Antivirus. I get regular security updates so relying on that.

I currently use Avast for free and honestly it has done a pretty good job for me so far.

spacer.png

On 6/21/2020 at 2:47 AM, kingcool52 said:

I currently use Avast for free and honestly it has done a pretty good job for me so far.

Oh you are using Avast, i was also using it with Windows 10. But do you know Avast got into a scam where they shared users password to third party?

This is the first that I am hearing of it. I'll check it out. Did they share passwords from their password manager or Avast account passwords?

spacer.png

• 1 year later...

We have McAfee. It came with our new computer. I didn’t care for McAfee many years ago but right now, they are doing a good job. Before, we had the AVG, free version. Ironically, they were quite good at keeping out viruses. Tried Norton but wasn’t impressed.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using Microsoft right now since an update decided to make it my default at one point even though I had Avast running as my default. They competed with one another and I had no idea what was going on at first so my computer was crawling!! I then got rid of Avast to stop that from happening again. I use Malwarebytes on occasion to do a check and never had a problem except when the Chrome browser was putting add ons and it didn't like that.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I use BitDefender.  No issues in years and their Central panel is amazing at keeping track of devices.  I have their small business plan and would actually recommend it for a family use as well. 

Uncrowned Gaming
A Community Platform for Gamers and Esports
Shooters | MilSim | Tactical

🔗UncrownedGaming.com

• 1 month later...

I don't use an anti-virus at the moment.  In the past, I used Webroot, AVG, System Shield, and Avast.  Anyway, I've been tempted to get McAfee because I saw an in-store deal (maybe also online) where it's below 10 dollars.  Anyway, I have a free anti-malware product installed, Malwarebytes and I want to upgrade.  It seems way more useful than anti-virus, lol.

Edited by Jason76

• 7 months later...
  • Management Team

I just use the default that comes with my windows system and that's windows defender. I have anti-virus software that takes up space and eats your system and there is no need for that. Also, I have a good firewall on my router.

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 6 months later...
On 6/20/2020 at 5:04 AM, Jason said:

Currently i am not using any Antivirus, i am a Linux user and i feel there is a less need for an Antivirus. I get regular security updates so relying on that.

This sounds fair, if you don't do basic things on your computer that involves getting people to send you sensitive files because when it comes to that point, you will need a good browser to work things out. 

• 4 months later...

I used to always use something such as Avast but I found that Windows was just as good for virus protection and also firewall protection so now I just use that instead of having a separate program on my PC for virus protection. 

I can understand why some tend to use something other than Windows protection and I was always worried about only using that but I have been using just Windows protection for around 2 years now with no issues.