Getting a Used Non-Flat TV for Gaming

Where do you buy them?  It seems like even consignment shops don't have them no more - even though, I haven't tried pawn shops.  Anyway, this is to be expected as probably they are incredibly rare as they quit making them 10 years ago I think.  OK, maybe they quit earlier than that!

• 2 years later...
On 1/10/2019 at 12:14 PM, jy76 said:

Where do you buy them?  It seems like even consignment shops don't have them no more - even though, I haven't tried pawn shops.  Anyway, this is to be expected as probably they are incredibly rare as they quit making them 10 years ago I think.  OK, maybe they quit earlier than that!

It is difficult to find at this time of pandemic. You can search for local shops nearby, also try to find some local websites that sells used TVs at cheap price. We have one website in our area and that's full of TV ads. 😆

Really depends on where you live. I know around where I am, you can almost always find out at a garage sale or a pawn shop. There are a few charity places as well that have them and all sorts of older tech like VCRs and stuff. Do you have anything like the Goodwill where you live? 

• 2 weeks later...

I think the biggest thing is that, flat screens tend to get more damage on the screen itself, due to miss judging it's weight. My brother went through a few of them, because of accidental dropping of it on it's screen. An another sibling of mine had a number of issues of people nudging them over, and causing screen damage. So I understand why it is hard to find a decent used flat screen.

Edited by Joshua Farrell

• 2 weeks later...

Goodwill is a great resource if you're looking for older style televisions, you can usually find at least one good option for classic gaming and media, and while they're more expensive than they were a few years back when they couldn't give them away, they're still not exactly expensive nowadays :).  If you have one nearby, I'd give them a look!

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/7/2021 at 1:49 AM, PGen98 said:

Goodwill is a great resource if you're looking for older style televisions, you can usually find at least one good option for classic gaming and media, and while they're more expensive than they were a few years back when they couldn't give them away, they're still not exactly expensive nowadays :).  If you have one nearby, I'd give them a look!

That side you have mentioned, is local one I guess. The good news is that the current situation is far more better than one year back. So buying TVs from brick and mortar shops will be better option than buying online. 

The cost of electronic items have gone up, but I don't see the price coming down that soon. So going at this moment is still preferably advisable.