Has gaming taken over your life?

Are you so addicted to gaming that it has taken the reigns on your life? 

For me, console gaming is whatever. I can stop as soon as my wife tells me to get off. But mobile gaming is another thing. I will play games all day long. My wife will wake up in the morning and find me still playing games on my phone because I haven't gone to bed yet. 

• 2 months later...

No. I don't let gaming take over my lifestyle. Prevention is better than cure and Self Control/Time Management skills are essential when over coming a addiction. 

Untitled.jpg.84c10253d91a4492d3b4b6b8ff6ba468.jpg

• Management Team

I believe not. Wouldn't even let it happen anyway, and not to mention that with my family members they want to me to take breaks. those that are tend to game all day to the point that they get less sleep, and what's worse that they don't stream. Yes those that stream and game for hours if not an day can be crazy but then you do have to realise that they are getting paid for doing it if they are very bigger channels. 

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

Back when I was a teenager I would say it did to some degree - I can say to some degree I definately did avoid going outside with friends or sleeping to play Runescape until the unholy hours just to grind out that next level or hit that milestone. Looking back, it was a fun time actually but I can't help but think of other things I could've done with the time and how that may have helped me out now as an adult lol. I'm much more judicious with how I spend my time nowadays and when I do game, It's even more fun because I look forward to that time.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

To some extent yes. I could have spent the good time on elsewhere. But mostly spent on computers and games. But then I realize some of the time that is the time I was meant to spend onto. So I think to some extent the gaming and the computer has taken over the life. And not a lot can be done about it. 

Psht. I wish gaming took over my life. It would make a lot more sense than whatever engine real life is running on. If I'm not working for 10 hours a day, Between being raked over the coals by covid 19 and riots, I come home to a complete clusterf***of different financial problems until I finally fall asleep. I don't even remember what it feels like to have a hobby.

You guys are lucky. Enjoy your gaming addiction while you still can.

Maybe when I was younger but not anymore really. I play games when I'm bored and have time to do it. I would never push something important aside or stay awake until the early hours to play some games.

spacer.png

Yes. I am not afraid to admit that games such as FIFA and Runescape have taken over my life at some point. I was playing these games all day everyday and barely going outside, so it was not healthy. It is dangerous and destructive, and the addiction is hard to control. Thankfully I haven't experienced this in many years.

Not at the moment but sometimes it does. Last time gaming took over my life was back in September when FIFA 20 was released. I was addicted to put it simply.

• 8 months later...

I don't think so.

To be honest, I take precautions so that I wouldn't get addicted to gaming again. I remember back in the day, I even forgot about other stuff and spent all my time on gaming alone. I don't want to go back to that at all.

• 3 months later...

I don't think I'm addcited to gaming, I may well of been many years ago though.

I tend to play games infrequently now I'd say, at least compared to way back when.

• 4 weeks later...

Gaming hasn't taken over my life but I know someone who is just like this. His name is Brett and he gets addicted to games if he plays them. Haven't talked to him in a while but he used to live with me and couldn't put down the controller. I was like "Brett, you need help". I don't know what else to say but the fact that he would quit his job if the game was good enough.

It was actually during my college days, I was addicted to play games all day long.

At the time, I was fond of games like IGI 2 and Halo. But after passing out from college that addiction start deteriorating day by day. 😊