Starting a Gaming Cafe

In South Korea, these places are known as PC Bangs.  There are probably at least 5 or more - even in the smallest towns!  Anyway, there are simply places to eat, drink, smoke (some have non-smoking sections also) - while playing the latest games, on the best equipment!

Anyway, where I live in Tennessee, USA, that idea hasn't taken off.  I guess, it's just cause of the culture.  I mean, people would rather game at home - but it is true that tons of people use the public library for web surfing.

Edited by jy76

• 2 weeks later...

I truly wish that was part of the culture over here lol. I'm looking to head to Korea sometime on a holiday and when I'm there I would love to pop in and see this side of things but I have a feeling I won't be taking part. I'm sure the Korean players will wipe the floor with me haha. I saw something like this in Tokyo though, on the top floor of some general gaming arcades I went into there was a load of hard-core players playing some Japanese game and it was a furious looking session.

Sadly not anything that seems to have taken off here in the UK though, guessing it's the same as yourself in the USA in that people prefer to game in solitude in the comfort of their home.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

The initial cost would be crazy. And with consoles and computers not being too expensive, I don't see them being too popular. You never know though. 

spacer.png

On 10/7/2020 at 12:35 PM, kingcool52 said:

The initial cost would be crazy. And with consoles and computers not being too expensive, I don't see them being too popular. You never know though. 

I don't see how they make money, unless they start off in deep debt and hope to come out ahead after some years which is a huge risk.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Because it's not like you can charge extreme prices either. The profit margins can't be great for something like this.

spacer.png

12 hours ago, kingcool52 said:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Because it's not like you can charge extreme prices either. The profit margins can't be great for something like this.

Specially since most people end up living there and are pretty much NEETs.

• 8 months later...
On 3/24/2019 at 7:32 PM, jy76 said:

In South Korea, these places are known as PC Bangs.  There are probably at least 5 or more - even in the smallest towns!  Anyway, there are simply places to eat, drink, smoke (some have non-smoking sections also) - while playing the latest games, on the best equipment!

Anyway, where I live in Tennessee, USA, that idea hasn't taken off.  I guess, it's just cause of the culture.  I mean, people would rather game at home - but it is true that tons of people use the public library for web surfing.

In our area, we call it a game parlour. And my my neighbouring friend has one of this.

You can buy a game, sell your already finished games or take PS5 or PS4 in loan. Also you can play in the parlour by giving some hourly rates around $2.

That is truly a game village, that's what we call it here in my locality. Where you feel at home enjoy gaming at its best, purchase game consoles, PC, surf the internet, buy drinks and foods and lots more. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/19/2021 at 10:14 PM, EmpireKicking said:

Not easy when you can make groups online to team up with people.

I think it depends upon place to place.

In our place, such type of small businesses are booming. Specially after the lockdown, people have started providing game services in their own home. And those who want to play games on PS4 or PS5, can play by spending some hourly rents. 😊

• 11 months later...

About 10 years ago, I had though about opening a gaming cafe because mobile gaming was not very popular and not everyone could afford gaming consoles. Only if I had money to invest.

• 1 month later...
  • Management Team
On 7/29/2022 at 8:01 AM, nomad said:

About 10 years ago, I had though about opening a gaming cafe because mobile gaming was not very popular and not everyone could afford gaming consoles. Only if I had money to invest.

Nowdays people do it online lol

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 4 months later...

It's a very popular and lucrative business here in my country. It's actually called Game lounge. There's no much eating in it here, just only playing video games through and through. It's quite costly to set it up and it's why those who successfully did, are cashing out big time.