Your tips for new players of GTA Online

For you guys pretty used to play online and make new characters, it might be a no brainer, but the game is pretty big and sometimes can end up spending money in the wrong kind of objects and missing opportunities to get some stuff for your character that could really give them a boost. So I am sure new players looking forward to playing online would benefit from hearing your experiences with rookie mistakes and your advice on what can work in their favour.

What is the stuff you consider should be of the first things that a person new to the game should get?

• 1 month later...

Don't waste your money on unnecessary things. Just a decent car, maybe invest in a business and try to collect as much money as you can. Once you have your businesses creating a steady stream of revenue, you can start splashing your cash :D

spacer.png

• 1 month later...
On 5/11/2019 at 8:15 AM, kingcool52 said:

Don't waste your money on unnecessary things. Just a decent car, maybe invest in a business and try to collect as much money as you can. Once you have your businesses creating a steady stream of revenue, you can start splashing your cash :D

You can make a business in GTA now? This is something I was not aware of! Seems obvious you'd want to start here to increase your in-game funds. I don't intend on spending real money on the game apart from buying it if I do. 

There are several options and you can have your business but it requires a lot of start-up capital. A few million would probably be needed and don't expect to get that back really quick either as it requires a lot of work to sell your stuff.

spacer.png

• 11 months later...

I agree with JoyFreak. The best tip right now if you're a new player is to get some people to play with. They can help protect you when you are doing certain jobs and help out with missions as well to get you some quick cash.

spacer.png

Could anyone do a quick little description of everything I need to know.

Haven't played the game for a long time and I'm slightly lost on what the hell I should do to make money easily.

spacer.png