Any of you use Windows 10, or have used it? What do you think of the operating system?

For the most part, I enjoy it. It was a pretty bouncy ride initially when I updated my computer to it back when they were offering the paid version for free. Took them a couple of years to get the backward compatibility fixed, and now I can install games from CD's meant for older versions of Windows.

• 2 weeks later...

My laptop has Windows 10 and it's great. Easy to use, looks great and has never really given me any problems (so far *touches wood*). Honestly, I couldn't see myself using anything other than Windows ever.

spacer.png

I'd prefer to use Linux but I have to admit, Windows 10 64 bit Pro is awesome.  It was free and I can use my legit Windows 7 key when/if I need to re-install it (I have it burned to a bootable DVD). :)

[SIZE=4][URL='https://session9.net']Session 9 Asylum[/URL] ~ Reality is only perception, but how do you know what you perceive is real?[/SIZE]
[COLOR=rgb(44, 130, 201)][SIZE=4]~PM me for an invite code~[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 4 weeks later...

I use Windows 10 for my laptop and desktop computer, and find that it's pretty solid. The only big things to be aware of include just making sure you don't upgrade to the new big releases on the first go around, as they always have tons of issues.

• 11 months later...

I used Windows 10 and i moved to Linux so no more Windows for me. But i love to give it a try in future, lets see how it goes.

It's alright, I much rather be running linux but don't have the time to mess with any of its hundreds of flavors to find a decent one. I'm hoping eventually W10 will just become a perfect OS, with all the updates it gets.

Windows 10 and Windows 7 are the coolest Windows version from Microsoft. Hope they fix issues causing due to updates and make users experience better.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, JoyFreak said:

I've found Windows 10 to be the best windows so far. What windows 2004 update? Seems bit outdated no? lol

It's the version of the update, not year. The updates for the last year have been the 1900 series and now its up to 2004.

On 7/6/2020 at 8:10 AM, Demon_skeith said:

It's the version of the update, not year. The updates for the last year have been the 1900 series and now its up to 2004.

Aha.. Gottcha! I haven't had any updates recently on my laptop. I'll check it to see if i've got any pending.

17 hours ago, JoyFreak said:

Aha.. Gottcha! I haven't had any updates recently on my laptop. I'll check it to see if i've got any pending.

Just avoid the 2004 update, it's buggy and hard to say when MS will roll out fixes for it.

• Management Team

I been using WIndows 10 build 2004 for some time now. I didn't even realise it was out until I read a support topic regards the flight sim and said that the update improves the sim and how it runs since Windows have made many changes. Start of wit that the Vram that windows reserves is less than 1gb now.

I haven't had problems since the update, well not yet. LOL   Also if you can't update you need to force the update. Many have not came though and so had to download and force it.  

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

On 7/8/2020 at 8:19 AM, Demon_skeith said:

Just avoid the 2004 update, it's buggy and hard to say when MS will roll out fixes for it.

I haven't got any update on my laptop yet. That's strange. Is it a universal update then?

• Management Team

Bayside Gamers Feedback Survey

baysidegamersx468x60.gif
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 6 months later...

I think Windows 10 is good but once in a  while there are some issues with the system. Like say my headphone jack is not much working at all. And that can be pretty problematic too. I'd say that windows 10 if used properly can be a good option for using the operating system. 

• 3 months later...

I'm the type who doesn't like to upgrade unless absolutely necessary. I'm of the mindset, If it ain't broke, don't fix it! I liked Windows 8.1. When we got 10, it was a whole new ballgame. I don't like all the apps here. I don't do cell phones so the apps are an annoying feature for me. 

• 4 weeks later...

I like Windows 10 but at this point it's more or less looking forward to Windows 11 which some laptops have them on-board now. It will be a vast improvement over Windows 10 and excited for it. I also hope it speeds up the Series X since it also runs Windows as it's operating system.

• 1 month later...

At this point, I still find using Windows 10 pretty good. Next time I go buy a computer, I need to double check specs, as I forgot initially that I wanted to run certain things, and ended up having to buy hardware to make everything run more smoothly, after the bugs were dealt with.